G-Tech/Pro

I am the design engineer at Vericom computers (www.vericom.org) and have a lot of experience with competitors stuff, Gtech being one of them. We have many customers call in to tell us how far off the Gtech is from the track. My experience has been very inconsistent and not repeatable, many times getting 1 sec dif and 30 mph off. It should be at least 0.2 sec slower than the track because of roll-out. Most users never know the inaccuracy because they don't go to the track.

As far as wheelies go it definetly affects any accelerometer based computer. It adds the sine of the angle to the acceleration. at 45 degrees it adds .707 G!

I have used our Vericom VC2000 since 1990 on my bikes and cars and I know my opinion is biased but it always amazes me how good it works. Haven't tried it on my busa yet though. have to wait til its broken in.

HP numbers: the Gtech uses the peak HP which always occurs when you shift giving you much higher than actual, thats why it comes close to a dyno sometimes. Dont forget dynos compensate to sea level standards, no accel computer can do that without you entering the altitude, Bar pres, temp, etc. The only accel computer that can do that is our downloadable model which in the computer you enter it.

Our cheap models average the HP for 20 samples eliminating spikes. they also give 600 points of data, not 4. HP every 0.10 seconds and every 10 mph or kph. OK I'll get my high horse now.

If you're interested check out the web site and download the Profile software. My brothers 8 sec Suzuki is used in 2 of the example runs.

Back