Fyi dunlop qualifiers

the compounds of top shelf tires are so good these days that I think engaging in such folly is bunk.

Oh...I can see a couple pounds here and there...he11..I run my front at 40 but...just because I know it helps preserve my wrists a tad from gett'in spiked on bumps and potholes but...no less than 40 and...always 42 in the rear...as from what I feel and experience?...the lower the air pressure?...the less "Feedback" I get.

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif
Yes I feel the same but I have noticed with that some tires Dun 208's(few yrs. back) & the BT014's fronts and a little with the Mez. roadtecs, I was getting alot of unusual cupping. This started when running slightly lower psi. After several talks with the Rep.s of each I kept getting a common answer. The low pressures were causing funny wear due to the high wgt. of the bike, esp. during hard braking. It was overheating the compounds and the footprint was not contacting the surface the way it was intended to. It was suggested to increase my front psi to 43 for both the roadtec and the 014, and it did seem to stop it. I have not had any problems with the M1s. I run the +p on the rear mostly because I do ride 2up some in the twisties and seem very stable. I'll run 40-42 fr. & 42 rr. depending on conds. of the day. Length of ride, road type, temps. weather. But that's just me.

Back