Fyi dunlop qualifiers

jigisup

Registered
Rocks for canyon carving. It literally leans for you.

Fir straights i still prefer the rocksolid stability of bt56J BUT... I didn't ask'em how much air they put in that thing so I'll check it cold tomorrow and fillt them up to 42/42 and see what happens.

So far IT ROCKS FOR CANYON CARVING.

so, the new qualifiers lean like my Pirelli Diablos always did? sweet!
biggrin.gif

so, the new qualifiers lean like my Pirelli Diablos always did?  sweet!  
biggrin.gif
no....they don't...as where the qualifiers "Lean-In" with utter confidence, controllability and predictability at any and all lean angles?..the diablos give the rider that "Catch Me I'm Falling" feeling...requiring extreme concentration levels from the rider and very unforgiving to anything less than ultra precise and timely steering inputs to "Counter & Stabilize" that somehwat rapid and uncontrolled "FALL" at just the right moment to properly stabilize at just the right lean angle..making curve entrances more like a rapid series of mid-turn corrections than anything that could be descibed as..

"A Controlled Event"

but apparently you like'em so..here's hoping you stick with'em.
laugh.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

Hey jink what PSI are you running them Qualies at?
42 REAR/40 FRONT....42 is the recommended "Max Load" psi from dunlop and for aggressive street-riding?...I like to stay very close to those recommended figures...and keeping the psi figures very close too manufacturer recommended achieves two things..

1. "FORCES THE SCIENTICIALLY ENGINEERED COMPOUNDS"

annnnnd..

2. "FORCES THE TIRES STRUCTURAL STRESS ANALYSIS BASED DESIGN"

to...."work as intended"

man...i'm in the zone this morning.
laugh.gif
tounge.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

so, the new qualifiers lean like my Pirelli Diablos always did? sweet!
biggrin.gif
no....they don't...as where the qualifiers "Lean-In" with utter confidence, controllability and predictability at any and all lean angles?..the diablos give the rider that "Catch Me I'm Falling" feeling...requiring extreme concentration levels from the rider and very unforgiving to anything less than ultra precise and timely steering inputs to "Counter & Stabilize" that somehwat rapid and uncontrolled "FALL" at just the right moment to properly stabilize at just the right lean angle..making curve entrances more like a rapid series of mid-turn corrections than anything that could be descibed as..

"A Controlled Event"

but apparently you like'em so..here's hoping you stick with'em.
laugh.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif
I gotta get my Diablo Digs in! hehehehe

Jinkster, you never ride lower PSI on streets?

Why do we lower air pressure on the track, and not the street.  Not withstanding the amount of tread wear on the reduced pressures, wouldn't the same benifits be achieved on the street (as the track) with the lower pressure?
rock.gif
?

42 touring, 36 street, 28 track is what I do. Long touring rides I wanna lower wear, street I want more grip but enough air to avoid damage from bumps and BAD roads, track I want ALL grip and the surface is always MUCH MUCH smoother than a road. I won't ride full PSI on streets anymore, screw the wear... I WANT heat, and larger surface contact. actually, I would go as far as recommending everyone use lower PSI on the streets. The tires can take it. It DOES feel quite different than full PSI for feel and steering but you get used to it and never think twice after a few hours. but it might save your but too when you need some extra grip

at the track my 28 expands to 34-36 after a few good laps. I re check pressure before every session

<!--EDIT|WWJD
Reason for Edit: None given...|1148503572 -->

Jinkster, you never ride lower PSI on streets?
Nope....especially not "On The Streets" as the streets have many more surface imperfections than do tracks and if you hit a pothole running low PSI?...it can cause the rim/tire bead to break and you'll experience a rapid loss of psi...also?...under hard acceleration (that's almost a given with a bike the likes of a busa) a rider can actually throttle on so hard that you can spin the tire on the rim with low psi where proper air pressure helps the bead and tire stay put on the rim.

I know a lot of track junkies and street racer types do this with the thought in mind that they NEED a bigger footprint but...to me?..the compounds of top shelf tires are so good these days that I think engaging in such folly is bunk.

Oh...I can see a couple pounds here and there...he11..I run my front at 40 but...just because I know it helps preserve my wrists a tad from gett'in spiked on bumps and potholes but...no less than 40 and...always 42 in the rear...as from what I feel and experience?...the lower the air pressure?...the less "Feedback" I get..and I don't like "vague feeling" tires.

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

OMG that's exactly what happend to my old rear tire b 4 the qualies. I tried to practice what I preach and came on strong on throttle and I guess I spun the tire a bit around the rim at low PSI.

er..glad I asked. I always said "screw the wear" too believing I was erring on the "safe" side.Good info to have. Sorry about the hijack.

Running Pilot powers now and ready for a change shortly. I find they will last a long time, but will quickly loose the rounded top portion which makes it lean so nicely. How are the dunlop qualifiers "all around"?

Back