Fuel strainer dilemma

OB_Big Ed

Registered
I just picked up a new fuel strainer for the Busa because mine is clogged again. While I was their I got talking to a racer (Rich Alexander, AMA champ from a couple of years ago). He was telling me that they have similar strainers on the GSXR 600’s going in to the carbs. He said they just take them out completely. He also warned that they don’t run pump gas in the race bikes and he didn’t know if that made a difference or not.
My question is, has anyone tried this yet? What are the risks?

i dun think taking the strainer out is a good idea coz u might not get clean fuel all the time. Don't forget the fact that the Busa is fuel injected ... a slight clog at the injectors will slacken performance as well as harm them. Anyway i'm curious to know where the 2 strainers are located ... can ya help?

Thanks a mil..
Terence

there is one strainer under the regulator when you unbolt it from the housing . its about .250 " diameter at the most and when i pulled mine the first time it was completly clogged . bike wouldnt even start.
second strainer is part of a plastic insert youll see when you pull the pump out of the housing . there is also a filter there in there too so dont forget about it . frankly i tossed my filter . when my screens clog..i hose em with carb cleaner and re-install .
and dont forget about the petcock screen.

thanks bill! hmmm ... think i'll get those strainers where u can clean easily and not throw away(K&N perhaps) ... anyway i dun think i'll have strainer problems much, coz my country(Singapore) has very clean and expensive petrol(Damn it man!) lol

take care & enjoy dat Busa of urs!

Back