fuel pump help....

busastalker05

Registered
I think I may need a new fuel pump. Is there any way one out of the gsxr 1000 will fit the Busa? Or is there a dealer than can get one for less than 700 bucks? Ice never used ebay or anything would I be able to maybe find one there.

When I crank the throTtle it seems to be delayed in getting the fuel to the motor .....
Posted via Mobile Device

Your troubleshooting doesn't convince me your fuel pump is bad.

If the bike runs OK in mid to high rpm under load (i.e. high fuel demand), I wouldn't blame the fuel pump.

You can also test the fuel pump per service manual.

If the bike idles and you crank the throttle, is there any delay for the revs?

Thanks frog.

It seems to be doing in the higher rpms, sputtering a bit. I will get to work on it more today after work. I will post about what I find then.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mine sputters at around 9000 rpms too. Haven't had time to trouble shoot but I sure hope it's not the pump.

Your troubleshooting doesn't convince me your fuel pump is bad.

If the bike runs OK in mid to high rpm under load (i.e. high fuel demand), I wouldn't blame the fuel pump.

You can also test the fuel pump per service manual.

If the bike idles and you crank the throttle, is there any delay for the revs?

Yes, I agree. I'm doubting you have fuel pump problems, they are pretty reliable. I would check all the filters and strainers and then check your gas for water. I would go over everything, including the plugs and ignition. It'll probably turn out to be something simple.!
Good luck on your problem.

Should I try some injector cleaner? I have used sea foam In the last two tanks of gasoline....
I will also have twenty four thousand miles soon, the valves have never been worked could that also lead to some issues?
Posted via Mobile Device

Well long story short I broke the MAP sensor nipple on the bottom.
Its the sensor on the back of eye air box .

Oye. One thing after the other. I think I've pist off the busa gods somehow.

And she only seems to be having fuel problems between 3 and 4 thousand rpms where it becomes a little jerky.
Posted via Mobile Device

Did you break it trying to investigate, or did you discover it was broken and this might be the cause of your problems?

P.S. On a different subject, I hope you guys won't have hard time with the weather, and the storm will pass.

Last edited:
I actually broke it trying to remove the air filter while I had the air box out.

thankyou sir I hope it goes well this is my first big bike trip!
Posted via Mobile Device

Back