Fuel prices where you are ?

US folk would probably gasp that I just paid AU$2 a ltr, that’s US$1.40c ltr. I think that’s US$5.25 US gallon ?

It’s certainly not cheap! I step back and look and the big picture, minimum wages, free health I’ve used a lot recently, lots of paid holidays etc etc.

Not wanting an AU v US debate but fuel prices on their own are only part of a bigger picture.

I know folk in the UK who have paid the equivalent of US$2.45 a ltr. / about US$9 a US gallon.

1654898091860.jpeg

200.gif

I believe I saw some news on social media the other day about truck drivers in Ireland going on a strike over fuel costs. That would be a good way to get attention, since we would run out of pretty much everything if trucks stop moving goods around.
if it was France the truckers would have blocked all roads months ago

Fuel prices are as high as they've been in recent history yet people are not curbing their driving habits one bit....

While outside I can hear the high revs of cars and trucks as they tear down the road near me...and while out yesterday, I noted people are still doing lots of rabbit starts from lights and stop signs...then speeding seemingly everywhere.

I also saw a neighbor actually get in his pick up truck, drive 100 meters to check his mail at the community mail box and then drive back to his driveway...I could see this if he was on his way somewhere and stopped along his route but to specifically drive a fuel thirsty truck that distance when he could have walked there just makes me shake my head.

These same people are complaining about the price of fuel....

What has happened over the years is people have moved farther and farther away from community living when people worked and lived in close proximity...military housing for instance used to be completely filled and more people walked or bicycled to work, now military housing is mostly empty to the point they tore a bunch of it down and many of the local military members live off base....the "so what" of this is, even with staggered work days, getting on and off that base is crazy...there is a sea of humanity in their vehicles lined up for kms trying to get off the base after work....

Back