Front tire to fender clearance?

mestona

Registered
I am looking to buy a set of Pilot Power One tires to have in reserve (I have a set of Pilot Power CT2's I am installing on my bike but I like to keep a set in my garage as I seem to have bad luck getting flats...) and I am considering going with a 190/55 for the rear and a 120/70 for the front.

I know from experience the rear size fits, so my question is this, does the 120/70 front tire clear the stock fender without modification? What affect would the 120/70 front tire have on handling?

Did they change the stock size for the GenII? My GenI front stock tire is 120/70/17..

There was a thread a while back about a different front tire profile, I know they list 120/50 and 120/70 I thought 120/50 was stock, I guess I need to go out to my garage and look at my front tire...

I am looking to buy a set of Pilot Power One tires to have in reserve (I have a set of Pilot Power CT2's I am installing on my bike but I like to keep a set in my garage as I seem to have bad luck getting flats...) and I am considering going with a 190/55 for the rear and a 120/70 for the front.

I know from experience the rear size fits, so my question is this, does the 120/70 front tire clear the stock fender without modification? What affect would the 120/70 front tire have on handling?

I would hope that it would fit since it is the stock size.

Back