Front axle tool - 2nd batch - update

kkattan

Donating Member
Registered
Hi Guys...

well i cut, filed, and sanded 29 pieces.. and THEN.. the cutting tool needs a new blade.. so the first 29 people on the list

will be getting their packages this week.. look for a yellow 6 by 10 envelope - from Khalid Kattan..

the people listed 30 and later.. i will buy the blade this weekend and hopefully mail the remaining on next Monday.

Sorry all for the extra long delay.. i got swamped with school work..

khalid

Cool, I'm 16th on the list !  
super.gif
Good lQQkn out, kkattan, U da Man, Playa.

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1149576903 -->

Okay.. everyone numbered 1 through 32 (ending with HeavyBusa) your tool will be shipped today.

33 through 51 - hopefully next monday..

thanks

thanks guys. thanks for being patient...

i have just a few more pieces left.. (maybe 2 or 3).. pm me with your addy if you want one..

quick note: this is 7/8 (close to 23mm not 24mm) so i recommend using hand tools not power tools...

thanks all. happy tire changing..
smile.gif

hey khalid
dumb question but what is the tool for?
ranman

hey khalid
dumb question but what is the tool for?
ranman
Hey Ranman,

basically to unscrew the hex shapped front axle.. when seated on the bike.. it is on the right front.. you need to do this if you want to remove the tire (on 2002 and later models)

also on some modles. swing arm pivot.

so the tool is basically a huge allen key.

Khalid -

Wanted to say thanks for the tool as I recieved it today, but did they change the size on the 06 model? Mine is a couple mm to small. Smaller than it needs to be by enough for me to think it is something other than a mix up. Let me know if you have encountered this at all. Thanks again.

-Kimball

Got mine today Thanks Kkattan, now I have to get another bike to use it on.
smile.gif

Khalid -

Wanted to say thanks for the tool as I recieved it today, but did they change the size on the 06 model?  Mine is a couple mm to small.  Smaller than it needs to be by enough for me to think it is something other than a mix up.  Let me know if you have encountered this at all.  Thanks again.

-Kimball [/QUOTE]
Got mine today in teh mail...
Same here,they must have changed the size on 2006!!!
Man,this sux...
Thanks anyway,if you want me to foward it to another member that can use it,I will.

Nice though,all stainless steel!!!

<!--EDIT|brendanp
Reason for Edit: None given...|1149968310 -->

Khalid -

Wanted to say thanks for the tool as I recieved it today, but did they change the size on the 06 model?  Mine is a couple mm to small.  Smaller than it needs to be by enough for me to think it is something other than a mix up.  Let me know if you have encountered this at all.  Thanks again.

-Kimball
wow!! you mean it must be a 22mm.. what i sent you was a 7/8.. which would fit in a 23mm...

sorry man.. i'll see what i can do.. sorry for the mix up..

how about 2005?

if anyone else on the list 33 through 50.. has a 2006.. please let me know.

thanks

Hi Guys, i called the local Suzuki dealer.. and they say the 2006 is the same size as previous models?

not sure why it is not fitting?

thanks.

Khalid -

-Kimball
Man,this sux...
Thanks anyway,if you want me to foward it to another member that can use it,I will.

Nice though,all stainless steel!!![/QUOTE]
Hey Guys.. too small? as in you can not even insert the tool into the 6 sided slot? how about the swing arm pivot.. in the middle of the bike?

thanks

Khalid -

Wanted to say thanks for the tool as I recieved it today, but did they change the size on the 06 model? Mine is a couple mm to small. Smaller than it needs to be by enough for me to think it is something other than a mix up. Let me know if you have encountered this at all. Thanks again.

-Kimball
Man,this sux...

Nice though,all stainless steel!!!
Hey Guys.. too small? as in you can not even insert the tool into the 6 sided slot? how about the swing arm pivot.. in the middle of the bike?

thanks[/QUOTE]
the tool is too small for the hex hole. it will more than likely round the corners of the tool.

-Kimball

oh.. okay, the tool is too small.. yes you are correct..

the tool is 7/8 inches which is close to 23mm...

the actual needed size is 24mm...

i have used it and it should be fine for infrequent use..

if you plan to change often...then maybe a 24mm will be better...

i have used mine so far three times.. no problems yet..

thanks for explaining..

Back