Friday ride - Hooters & area roads

zukracer

I'm somewhere but dont know where
Donating Member
Registered
Here is the first of several rides that will be posted on Mr Bogus' site.  
We put these together simply as a guide for those not as familiar with the area roads and because there seems to be an interest in doing a few group rides.  

Friday is going to be the Hooters lunch run.  We will target meeting at the Phillips hotel by 930am, kickstands up at 10am.  The current plan is to split the group into 3 groups: fast/spirited (advanced riders), average speed (avg 45-55mph everywhere) and the slower/scenic/newbie group.  The slower/scenic/newbie group will aim to ride the speed limits and stop at a two of the overlooks on the Skyway.

Ozzy has volunteered to lead the fast/spirited group to Hooters.
Rayabusa0818 has volunteered to lead the group back via return option 2.
Zukracer will lead the group for slower/scenic/newbie group and return option 3.

We will nail down the other ride leaders and other positions (tail rider/sag wagon, etc) over the next few weeks.  We will also nail down some estimated departure times for the various stops so folks can catch up to the groups if they would like to do so.

Please check out this page for the Friday ride routes to/from Hooters in Alcoa TN

I will maintain the list here in this post, all I ask is that if you are planning to attend the morning ride and any of the return options, please post up here.  If you are planning to find your own way to Hooters, please post that up here as well.

You might want to keep in mind that the Tennessee and North Carolina HP read these threads, just a thought. I'll probably still take my chances with Ozzy and that purple and black Busa.

Big thanks to everyone that's working on this stuff for the rest of us.

23_30_126.gif

You might want to keep in mind that the Tennessee and North Carolina HP read these threads, just a thought. I'll probably still take my chances with Ozzy and that purple and black Busa.
good point, updating the first post... though they already know we are coming and will likely plan accordingly regardless. There are a number of other groups/events that weekend so I suspect they will be looking for the hooligans in the "visible" areas.
laugh.gif

Yeah, and I do really appreciate all the work you and Mr. Bogus and others are doing. I just don't want to give them a time and place. Good edit. That's what I was talking about
thumb_up.gif

Oh yeah, for those interested in seeing other cool things, if you have any interest in going towards Cherokee/Maggie Valley you will want to do it Friday or before. DO NOT TRY IT SAT OR SUN. The Thunder in the Valley and the Cherokee Survivor Rally are both going on that weekend.

Also anyone that is coming into town via the NC side, stay off 19, stick to 74.
beerchug.gif

I have figured out to stay off the dragon sat and sun, but I am never going to keep all this straight!
banghead.gif

we'll have some rides posted for sat/sun. Dont forget there's a photo shoot sat morning so after that (early lunchish) folks will scatter
laugh.gif

Depends on what you wanna do, but we should have more rides posted. I'm also comparing notes to the mad maps, I have the one for the area, so lots of cool things to see/places to ride besides the dragon.

I have figured out to stay off the dragon sat and sun, but I am never going to keep all this straight!
banghead.gif
We will try to build some basic groups for the AM runs... afternoon runs are pretty much a free for all and guys will be going every which way... We will try to make this as easy as possible for first timers...

I am just waiting for a few "regulars" to commit to leading at least 1 ride over the event...

Anyone that cares to lead a morning ride should let Zukracer or myself know what morning you could do this.. THANKS!

Vman1300 will be available for newbie ride help "After" the photo shoot Saturday.. These rides will depart the resort,go to the overlook and back...

The other "Newbie" rides will 'include' a trip through the Dragon but are going to be mostly geared as a casual ride around one of the "loops" Again this relies on some volunteers to step forward to lead an AM ride from the Phillips.. The route is about 125 miles long (Dragon, Vonore, Tellico Plains, Skyway)

More spirited rides will organized on the fly...

Lets see what can i do!

Oh wright Me and Randy are working on food for Friday nite! At least!

on a side note, i am set to lead the spirited riders in the front of the group. my pace may change once on the skyway depending on the leo presence.... i will in no way be out to break land speed records nor will i be doing anything wreckless.

again, MY PACE WILL BE DETERMINED ONCE WE GET ON THE SKYWAY AND LEO PRESENCE IS OBSERVED

on a side note, i am set to lead the spirited riders in the front of the group. my pace may change once on the skyway depending on the leo presence.... i will in no way be out to break land speed records nor will i be doing anything wreckless.

again, MY PACE WILL BE DETERMINED ONCE WE GET ON THE SKYWAY AND LEO PRESENCE IS OBSERVED
common sense rules the roost... No runs shall exceed the legal speed limits....
rock.gif

If you can get me your "flight" departure time I can get it added so that others can plan accordingly..

Back