Frame sliders

rg34

Registered
After seeing that a fallover on my wife's bike is costing $500 to fix, I've decided that we both need frame sliders. I've searched and really cannot tell which ones would be the best. I was just curious what brand you all use and what you think about them. Any pics you have with them installed would be great. Thanks

go to kneedraggers.com and get the vortex sliders. Choose the color to match your bike. These fibroplastic sliders are better than metal or plain plastic sliders. Carbon fibre is the best if you can afford it.

go to kneedraggers.com and get the vortex sliders. Choose the color to match your bike. These fibroplastic sliders are better than metal or plain plastic sliders. Carbon fibre is the best if you can afford it.
+1
beerchug.gif

+1    
beerchug.gif
Just call one of our Site Sponsors and ask them on what they think is the best ! They sell more than anyone I know from Posh to Race ! Give'em a try, it'll only cost you a phone call and you'll get a world of satisfaction and Knowledge (BRAIN POWER)  
umnik.gif

Thanks for the responses. I did a search and found some info. I also emailed a couple of the site sponsors. The may not look all that great on the bike but if it will prevent me from having to spend $500 on one piece of plastic again, it's worth it in my opinion.

I'll be getting sliders soon too. I found someone to install them forme. No way in hell I have the kahones to drill my fairings myself.

I'll be getting sliders soon too.  I found someone to install them forme.  No way in hell I have the kahones to drill my fairings myself.
Drilling was easy once I had it lined up, I used a laser site to line up the holes, had the bike on it's stands, had the plastic off one side and set the laser site on a ladder, adjusted it with shims to line it up in the center of the hole then reinstalled the plastic without moving the laser site, drilled a hole with a hole saw then used a dremel tool with a sanding drum to open it to size... installed the Vortex slider base and then did the other side... just make sure you have the plastic hanging right before you drill, I reinstalled all the screws as it pulls the plastic down all the way...... good luck
tounge.gif

I'll be getting sliders soon too.  I found someone to install them forme.  No way in hell I have the kahones to drill my fairings myself.
I went with the "no drill" ones from one of the board's sponsers. Cost more $$ but I know how I could have beat myself up if I screwed up the drill part. My sanity is worth a couple of bucks!! (only a couple )

i felt the same way until i took mine to a dealer and they put them in the wrong place. dude told me thats where they put all thier sliders. i refused to pay they refused to admit they were wrong now i have two holes in my fairings and still had to put the sliders in the right place myself.
MAKE SURE THEY KNOW WHAT THEIR DOING.

i felt the same way until i took mine to a dealer and they put them in the wrong place. dude told me thats where they put all thier sliders. i refused to pay they refused to admit they were wrong now i have two holes in my fairings and still had to put the sliders in the right place myself.
MAKE SURE THEY KNOW WHAT THEIR DOING.
did they replace your fairing free of charge? That's the least they can do. It's like going to the dentist and get the wrong tooth drilled out for cavity work when it was suppose to be the other tooth.

Back