frame sliders

OB_klrbrd

Registered
just got frame sliders from INTUITIVE,has anyone installed these already?
how do you remove/install engine mounts?
help before I drill 2" holes in my fairings.

Just put them on Friday afternoon. You'll see the Engine mount bolts..you can't miss them.

The right side fairing is a bit easier to put the hole into cause it has somewhat of a reference "circled" area in the inner fairing..you'll see what I mean.

The left was a bitch,,can't really gain a set reference mark to start your hole,,plus you have to cut away some of the Foam insulation attached to the fairing.

Mark the supplied bolt (for the "LEFT' Fairing) with "yellow" paint,, with the bolt just screwed in by hand do not tighten,,re-attach the fairing,,just fitted,,don't re put the fairing screws in,,and the area that the bolt leaves the yellow Mark on the inner fairing will be your REF. area for your Pilot hole.

When you begin to Drill the 2" hole,,oil up the (Hole) Bit,,it heats up quik as you begin to drill. you'l see that the fairing will melt/melting,, if you don't use oil,,have a friend spray light Oil,,wd-40 I used (Prolong lite lube)as you drill..AND DRILL FROM THE "INSIDE" OF THE FAIRING OUT> Hold the fairing level,,and drill away,,just make sure your Hole is correct and Centered,,Esp. the LEFT side.

It's kind of a scary procedure,,mine came out great with no visible exterior marks.

Good Luck

161 ®

Back