Found this on another site....

The Big Red One

Registered
I'm not sure how relevant this is in General (we'll let the mods decide lol), but I thought you guys would like to see it. I found this on another site.....interesting stuff-

An English mag which I can't name has been doing some testing with the new Busa versus old versus 14. They've been running 9.5s in the 1/4 on the new Busa, 9.7's on the 14 and 9.8's on the old busa. In roll ons both Busa's pull the 14 down low...then the 14 starts to gain back on the old Busa but the new Busa just keeps pulling away. They claim the new Busa has about a 7 hp advantage over the 14 and about 17 over the old Bus. And they say the new Busa's handling is similair to the old Busa...just a little lighter and a lot sharper. I could tell you more about the source..but then I'd have to kill ya'....sorry

If the aboves true it would kinda line up with what we were expecting....although the 1/4 time seems a little quicker than I expected. I can't wait for more info!!

lurk.gif

Sounds very possible. There is slight difference b/w the cc for the 13.5 and the 1340's new Busa. Weights and actual power always seems slightly skewed during the hyped up intro phase of new releases as well. Add in the factory standard deviation, where serial # 1 will make 165hp, and the very next bike may make +/-5hp, get the low side of a 13.5 and high side of a Gen 2 Busa (aka Fat Chic) and your set for whooping arse all day long.

"They've been running 9.5s in the 1/4 on the new Busa, 9.7's on the 14 and 9.8's on the old busa. In roll ons both Busa's pull the 14 down low...then the 14 starts to gain back on the old Busa but the new Busa just keeps pulling away."

and in real life street riding?...neither i nor my victims will ever detect these oh so subtle power deltas between the three....and as always?....(where the street is concerned)...it'll be the balls and skill over the seat that will win the day...not the brand, make or model printed across the side.

O-Rens still got plenty enough and more for me...besides...i have way to much time, $$$ and sweat equity into setting her up just the way i want'er....full akra, pcIIIusb, cyclecat rearsets, GiPro...etc...etc...and it'll be one he11 of a long time before i look at'er shaking my head thinking that "she ain't got the goods anymore".....moreover?...she's still kill in the looks department over either of the other two...and the only thing i'm left drooling to find out is?....

Will the new '08 head/valvetrain and FI/ECU system retro onto the slightly shorter stroked gen1 busa engine...but then i think?...even if it did?...would it even be worth it considering the small azz gains involved?
rock.gif

Oren stands....L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

Back