Fork Dissasembly

vmaxman

Registered
I'm looking to get the uppers from a set of '08 forks stripped and then hard anodized black. I have found a place to get it done locally, I just need to strip the forks down.

Problem is, I am not familiar with the newer style USD forks. I have done conventional forks, and some older USD dirt bike forks. I have searched around on the internet looking for some good info on how to tear the forks down and in particular remove the busing inside (if there is one on these forks).

I have found this thread:

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/maintenance-do-yourself/57010-fork-service-how.html

which is very helpful but does anyone know how much of this info pertains to the '08+ busa forks and what it takes to remove the slider bushing?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

The gen2 service manual is a free download here, it'll show you everything you need.
I'll see if I can find it, if not someone will post the link here for you.
You can find Anything Busa here.:welcome:

Found a manual. The GSXR write up looks pretty applicable. I see no mention of removing the bushings though. It does mention "anti-friction" metals which I am guessing are the bushings. However it says they are not to be removed.

So, anyone know if they can be removed and new ones purchased?

Back