For those of you who like pics

thrasherfox

BUSA
Donating Member
Registered
Trying to keep my web site up and fresh with pics.

So instead of posting all kinds of pics here, if anyone wants to look at them just go to my web site.

http://wchr.rbrooks.net

Then click on pictures.

Also, for anyone who is interested, I have my calendar for future rides also.

So if anyone wants to post rides that are coming up in California, or bike events or whatever, just email me the info and I will put it on my calendar.

Doesn’t matter of it is Busa related or not. As long as all sports bikes are welcome I will post the events on the calendar

Sageronin - if you see this post, check out my pictures, you can see some pics of my bike so you can see what it looks like with the undertail, side mounted plate and no pipes.

Very cool Thrasher.

I wanna see those driving lites up close! that looks cool!

i still want a lic plate reloctr
sad.gif

nice pics ron..... my room for the 2003 laguna trip at that hotel was right by the pool!!! hahaa.

Cool site ... great pics and video ... I love what you did with your headers ... thanks for the link!!

i still want a lic plate reloctr
sad.gif
I would offer to make you one Chris but I was pretty discouraged when the first one I made cracked after 2000 miles.

BA BUSA saw me finish ripping it off the bike just before one of our rides because I was worried it was going to fall off.

I have made another and I have it on my bike and it is re-enforced, however it is re-enforced by me welding a piece of angle iron on the underside giving re-enforcement to the area that was being stressed.

While I think it will solve the stress issue, the current worry is I am not a welder, this was my first applicable welding job.

I have "practiced" welding on steel, but this is the first time I have welded something and actually am using it.

The way the chain guard / plate relocator is made, if it cracks, snaps or if the weld doesn’t hold it will fall right on the chain, it will probably get jammed up and snap my chain and / or worse.

While I am willing to take that risk myself because I pretty much do daily inspections of it and I know what to look for. I don’t want to have the responsibility on my shoulders of maybe causing someone else to have an accident.

I am just glad no one bought any of them when I was trying to sell them about 8 months ago.... that would have sucked

<!--EDIT|thrasherfox
Reason for Edit: None given...|1117955007 -->

Cool site Ron. I wish I'd known you and DJ hooked up out here... I would've tagged along.

The site is very cool Ron, only bad thing I noticed is my gut sticking out a lil too much
laugh.gif

Ron,

What's the purpose of the header extenders? Do you have a turbo?
A'Busa'd

Pretty much the only reason for the header extenders is for strictly aesthetic purposes.

Everyone has stuff they like and they done like.

For me, I don’t like the looks of the pipes on the sides.

For that reason alone I thought about going with a turbo system and a dump pipe, there are three main reasons I don’t want to go Turbo however

1) I don’t really feel I need more power at this time, and even if I ever do feel I want more power I will probably go with the 1397 kit

2) I have heard too many horror stories about Turbo systems and bikes just not running right afterwards

3) Even if I had no problems with the turbo system, it is going to cost a crap load of money for a good one and it is just extra stress on the engine

Every exhaust system out there just about has pipes, which I want to get away from.

I have seen systems that go under the seat… but too much pipe routing and taking up space.

So far, what I have done has not seemed to cause ANY problems with performance AND it gets me what I want, a real clean looking back end, no performance loss issues, if anything I probably have gained due to about 15 - 20 pounds less weight.

I plan on continuing and making my own exhaust system which will be the same concept, however larger pipes coming out from the engine and probably computer / electronic controlled exhaust restricting system so the exhaust is restricted during low RPM's and opens up during high RPM's.

Will basically have a variable exhaust where the size of opening will be dependant on RPM's

Back