For sale: Rostra cruise control

mabupa

Donating Member
Registered
Selling a Rostra cruise I removed from my gen2. It comes with a small bracket I made to mount the pad using the clutch master cylinder lower clamp bolt and includes the wired relay needed for deactivation when brake is depressed. Selling for $100 shipped to lower 48.

IMG_8095.jpeg

Several used gen3 popping up around me and I love the busa so it’ll be hard to walkway from them, even though, Suzuki doesn’t seem to care much about customer service/satisfaction these days
The sad thing is around here all the bike dealerships are pretty much the same.....once you have the bike out the door, they forget your name.

Oddly enough the Suzuki dealership is the best one to deal with....what I found is the people working there really like their product and stand behind it. The other dealerships....not so much....

We have only a Yamaha and Honda dealership locally, the rest are an hour and half drive away (on a good day).

The sad thing is around here all the bike dealerships are pretty much the same.....once you have the bike out the door, they forget your name.

Oddly enough the Suzuki dealership is the best one to deal with....what I found is the people working there really like their product and stand behind it. The other dealerships....not so much....

We have only a Yamaha and Honda dealership locally, the rest are an hour and half drive away (on a good day).
I lost all faith in dealerships a long time ago. If it was for me, they would all go out of business. I know there are good ones out there, but I’ve yet to find.

I have two good dealers down here and between the two you can get your hearts desire . Wild west recently called me up and asked me to attend a special function in March with BMW sponsors. My salesman friend Rich said a very humble racer for BMW will be there and would like to introduce him to me .

I like what I see, but all those cables makes me nervous
Most of them just go from the “brain” to the switch panel by just plugging the 2 connectors together. From memory, one wire goes to an included plug that intersects the number one coil signal, one goes to one of the speed sensor wires, one to the brake signal via the relay (still wired to the harness, power and grounds and done. I left in place the small brackets I made for the cable that actuates the throttle, so an existing 10mm bolts on the bike comes off to install the little bracket I made and the 11mm nut on the throttle plate comes off to add the little arm that the cable pulls to open the throttle. I think the hardest part is taking your time to make the wiring look clean, not the actual wiring. I’ll never own a street bike without cruise again. lol! I like these Rostras enough that I added one to my concours, as soon as, I pulled it in the garage when I arrived from the dealer.

Some here are the same. The one I use certainly isn’t.

Everyone in the store up to the big boss knows me by name.
They order stuff in for me on trust never wanting a deposit.
Services, recalls, other jobs are booked in to suit me, always the first job of the day whilst I look around the town.
Even before I got my recall letter they looked my vin up, gave me a call, and asked if it was OK for them to do it and when would it suit me.
Recently sorted me out with a heap of old stock andcremoved a set of tyres from spare rims for free.
They treated me great even when I bought my Gen-3 from a different city as they didn’t want my H2 SX SE in part ex, they couldn’t compete with the store I did use as they were a H2 dealership.

I agree, service from Suzuki them selves and many of their dealerships is pretty disappointing, but it’s a joy to still find a good one.

Back