For anyone that hasn't looked at their fuel system in while...

Couple bucks of eBay later.
I also replaced the pump motor too although that probably wasn't needed.

DSC02175.jpg

DSC02176.jpg

DSC02177.jpg

I was planning on just the mod but if cheap enough and a straight install I might do the pump too just to have it done. Mine is an 06 if it makes a difference. Found a pump for 79 plus shipping

Last edited:
Also found this

that one looks like a china knock off......if your going to change it get the German one....

You have to remove the pump from inside that black plastic housing. once inside its the exact same pump as what's in our bikes except for the connector. you need to solder the wires directly to the new pumps spade terminals. ( sounds scary, but isn't). I drilled two small holes in the spade terminals, and stuck the wires though and bent them upwards to give them some mechanical strength to assist the solder that then goes on top. the connections are very strong.

unfortunately Suzuki doesn't sell just the pump. this is the next best thing, and reportedly has better flow then the stock Mitsubishi that's in our bikes from the factory.

that one looks like a china knock off......if your going to change it get the German one....

You have to remove the pump from inside that black plastic housing. once inside its the exact same pump as what's in our bikes except for the connector. you need to solder the wires directly to the new pumps spade terminals. ( sounds scary, but isn't). I drilled two small holes in the spade terminals, and stuck the wires though and bent them upwards to give them some mechanical strength to assist the solder that then goes on top. the connections are very strong.

unfortunately Suzuki doesn't sell just the pump. this is the next best thing, and reportedly has better flow then the stock Mitsubishi that's in our bikes from the factory.
Thanks bubba. I’m torn between replacing the pump or not. I have no issues with the bike that I k is of other than it seems lacking of power. Hell it’s 2 up in rear and won’t pull the front off the ground. I hate to throw money at something I don’t know if it will show a difference or not.

Thanks bubba. I’m torn between replacing the pump or not. I have no issues with the bike that I k is of other than it seems lacking of power. Hell it’s 2 up in rear and won’t pull the front off the ground. I hate to throw money at something I don’t know if it will show a difference or not.
Well if it was me I would definitely do it at 50k miles ( heck I changed mine at half that).

The last thing I want to do is have to go back in there.

Not getting the wheel off the ground!?!?! I cant keep mine down!! The bike is seriously fast now.

I also put some hose armor of the correct size on the new fuel line to support/protect it from kinks etc. Worked out really well. Got it from my local hose/hydraulic shop.

Well if it was me I would definitely do it at 50k miles ( heck I changed mine at half that).

The last thing I want to do is have to go back in there.

Not getting the wheel off the ground!?!?! I cant keep mine down!! The bike is seriously fast now.

I also put some hose armor of the correct size on the new fuel line to support/protect it from kinks etc. Worked out really well. Got it from my local hose/hydraulic shop.
Shoot...I've never tried to wheelie, but I have ripped the throttle in 2nd and 3rd to learn the powerband/"GTFO" capability. Even pulling at 7k, I've never come close to pulling the front wheel up. She moves for sure, but I am pretty certain I would only be able to power wheelie in 1st.

Last edited:
Shoot...I've never tried to wheelie, but I have ripped the throttle in 2nd and 3rd to learn the powerband/"GTFO" capability. Even pulling at 7k, I've never come close to pulling the front wheel up. She moves for sure, but I am pretty sure I would only be able to power wheelie in 1st.
Yes first is no problem on my bike, slight blip, and shes up / all crazy. 2nd at 6-7k then crack WOT and a bit of a tug and its up no problem. 3rd would have to be a clutch up.

Yes first is no problem on my bike, slight blip, and shes up / all crazy. 2nd at 6-7k then crack WOT and a bit of a tug and its up no problem. 3rd would have to be a clutch up.
:crazy:oh geez...I definitely need to replace the filters! Tom flashed the ECU before I bought it from him and the front forks (not wheel) pull up maybe 1/2" if I WOT at 7k RPM.

:crazy:oh geez...I definitely need to replace the filters! Tom flashed the ECU before I bought it from him and the front forks (not wheel) pull up maybe 1/2" if I WOT at 7k RPM.
In first??thats it??!?.....do the filter mod!!!

In first??thats it??!?.....do the filter mod!!!
2nd! 2nd gear!! my bad...My 1st gear rarely even taps 5k...Either I baby her too much or I'm too much of a sissy :lol:
I would imagine I could pull up the front in 1st, but even 600cc bikes can do that...If the legendary Busa could only pull up the front wheel in 1st (with a 165lbs rider) then what is all the fuss about?

Well guess I’m ordering a pump as well. Now what’s the best way to remove the plastic case off the pump.

Well guess I’m ordering a pump as well. Now what’s the best way to remove the plastic case off the pump.
I just used a pair of side cutters to cut the main supports off the bottom then broke a few pieces away and it slid right out. You also need to cut the bit of plastic off around the spade terminals to completely expose them. I used a hacksaw for that. Took about 5 min.

Different question but kinda related - is seafoam the best option for cleaning the injectors (aside from ultrasound) or are there better options on the market?

2nd! 2nd gear!! my bad...My 1st gear rarely even taps 5k...Either I baby her too much or I'm too much of a sissy :lol:
I would imagine I could pull up the front in 1st, but even 600cc bikes can do that...If the legendary Busa could only pull up the front wheel in 1st (with a 165lbs rider) then what is all the fuss about?
If you aren't able to power wheelie in 1st &2nd then I'd at least look at the filter. After about 6K they power wheelie fairly easy. I don't even try to do it and the front wheel still lifts.

If you aren't able to power wheelie in 1st &2nd then I'd at least look at the filter. After about 6K they power wheelie fairly easy. I don't even try to do it and the front wheel still lifts.
And nothing critical at all to you BB. I baby my bike too. But they turn into beast after about 7K. Don't be afraid to hit hyperdrive once in awhile. Your little docile pussycat, turns into a rip your face off lion from 7-11K.

And it helps keep her throat cleared.

:-)

I'm pretty happy with the Bosch fuel pumps, they are cheap and flow as much fuel that I need on a N/A. The cheap comes in when you are using MR12, C45 or some other fuel and you don't get the system completely flushed.

Where is the write up on the gen 2 mods for the fuel pump and filter?
I know there’s the pre filter and another filter after the pump that I think is non serviceable.
‘I’ve cleaned the pre filter before in the sump and you can be surprised what’s in it, especially if it has sat for a long time.

Back