Fogging vs Spraybar

This was my old setup that I used for 7 years. This was a 150 shot Fogging using 4 jets.

N20Airbox3.jpg

N20Airbox2.jpg

N20Airbox.jpg

Last edited:
No problem

Most of my stuff is Patented. I have 8 with another 2 Patents pending.

You dont like Poly lines. No problem,you can upgrade to Stainless steel or Steel Braided lines with my Spraybar kits.

This thread was to give info for Fogging and Direct Injection. Got way off track didnt it.

Yep.....:whistle:

Good info Nick! I have a Question for you Sir. As you already know I along with Stocker are getting ready to test the new Nitrous Program feature with ECU Editor for Petrik, a lot has been talked about "Pulsing" Solenoids and Jet Placement. Some are saying that jetting at spray bar/shower head vs at the Noid will have adverse effects(basically NOT work very well) when pulsing due to the n2o line in between noid and jet acting like a ressivor and WON"T give a good controlled flow of liquid n2o(Which all makes sense to Me)?? ???
So my question to you is, do think jetting your Spray Bar at the Solenoid vs the Shower head will effect/harm distribution at all?

??? Last I knew this was an information sharing post. Not a classified post. Technical discussions on how to improve the inherint problems associate with running nitrous should help benefit its development, but that doesn't seem to be what I'm hearing. If anyone is implying that I'm lifting stuff then I guess I'll just shut up from now on. I made my first spray bar 25 years ago, and by the sounds of things, others have done similar things well before that.

WHOA....WHOA!! You better Not not "Shut up". Draco, Don't let the Few stop you from bring A LOT OF GREAT KNOWLEDGE TO THIS BOARD. :please: Some of us KNOW and Very much value your input and "expertise" on Topics here! Guy's Draco....along with Gixx, and many...many other's are VERY Sharp people and are here to HELP us out! So you Might want to watch the :poke: ??

Good info Nick! I have a Question for you Sir. As you already know I along with Stocker are getting ready to test the new Nitrous Program feature with ECU Editor for Petrik, a lot has been talked about "Pulsing" Solenoids and Jet Placement. Some are saying that jetting at spray bar/shower head vs at the Noid will have adverse effects(basically NOT work very well) when pulsing due to the n2o line in between noid and jet acting like a ressivor and WON"T give a good controlled flow of liquid n2o(Which all makes sense to Me)?? ???
So my question to you is, do think jetting your Spray Bar at the Solenoid vs the Shower head will effect/harm distribution at all?

OK here we go so hold on. It all depends on where you place the jet and the solenoid. If the solenoid and the jet is placed at the bottle you will get softer pulsing when the solenoid is progressively controlled. If the solenoid and the jet is place close to the spraybar you will get a more aggressive pulse and more control over the Nitrous amount that is injected. Nitrous is a rapidly expansive gas. If you look carefully at the pics in the pictures of my spraybar you can see the transition from liquid to a gas. Look at the tips of the spray pattern, It is white and as the pattern goes upward it turn slightly blue. That is the transition from liquid Nitrous to a gas. So is it critical were the Solenoid and jet are placed? No it is not critical. It would be nice to have absolute control over the pulse but it is not possible with the current Solenoids. Cryogenic Gas injectors are needed and the price for those are astronomical.

OK here we go so hold on. It all depends on where you place the jet and the solenoid. If the solenoid and the jet is placed at the bottle you will get softer pulsing when the solenoid is progressively controlled. If the solenoid and the jet is place close to the spraybar you will get a more aggressive pulse and more control over the Nitrous amount that is injected. Nitrous is a rapidly expansive gas. If you look carefully at the pics in the pictures of my spraybar you can see the transition from liquid to a gas. Look at the tips of the spray pattern, It is white and as the pattern goes upward it turn slightly blue. That is the transition from liquid Nitrous to a gas. So is it critical were the Solenoid and jet are placed? No it is not critical. It would be nice to have absolute control over the pulse but it is not possible with the current Solenoids. Cryogenic Gas injectors are needed and the price for those are astronomical.

Great! Thanks for the info Nick! :bowdown: My solenoid is Mounted about 12" away from the Spray Bar so I think I will Give it a Shot??

On many plumbing jobs such as a washing machine water faucet, there is something installed called a hammer tube or anti-hammer tube. Its a column of air that is connected to the side of the water pipe that cushions the flow so that the pipes don't ring when the washing machine solenoid kicks in. This is something that might work (in concept) for a spray bar as well. In between the solenoid and the spray manifold, a closed ended 6AN tube say 6" long and filled with air. The spray system I am planning for this spring will be a hybrid fogger / spray bar system for a total of about a 100 shot. But, as Gixx points out, the pulsing can be a problem with a progressive. The hammer tube might work out but needs testing.

A Hybrid system meaning 2 twenty shots coming into the ram air tubes in first gear, and a 80 shot spray bar progressivly coming in on second gear, starting in at 40% (around a 30 shot) and ramping all the way up by the middle of 3rd for a total of 100 to 120.

Why the complexity? Because you can't do a fogger system in the airbox or ram air tubes that will generate an additional 100 hp (not chemically possible), and you can't do a 100 hp spray bar that ramps smoothly (and softly)from 20 or 30 hp with minimal pulsing. Perhaps it can be done more simply but I don't know how.

You guys are killing me. I ordered some Billet today. I have something in mind that may work. I'll make it and post some pics.

Back