Fluid on rim

Zrultima

Registered
This is for my 04 busa i just noticed that i have some type of golden fluid on my rims. I have no idea where it would be coming from whether it be forks or brakes any assistance would be vreat

Fork seals (fork oil) or calipers (brake fluid) unless you have a stray dog that likes to pee on your bike...

If it was brake fluid, it would have most likely eaten the paint off your rim by now.

Check the brake reservoir and see if the level is where it normally is. If so it's probably not the brakes, and that leaves you with a dog, a prankster, or a fork seal. Been popping wheelies ?

Wipe a dry finger on the shiney area of your fork, if you have oil on your finger it's your fork seals.

Yeah the right fork is oily man looks like a job to getvin there i saw the thread on it looks like a pain in the ass

If you have the stands and tools fork seals are a simple job.
Fork oil and seals will cost around $100(get Suzuki seals).
Stock oil is 5w, you can use 7w or 10w(or even mix if you want to get complicated).
Labor costs vary by shop if you can't do it.

You can do it if you choose too. Lots on here have taken them on and I think most will agree after you've done a set...they are not too hard.

Yeah the right fork is oily man looks like a job to getvin there i saw the thread on it looks like a pain in the ass

Lol i doubt that no dogs here well that can roam outside man 100 bucks for seals and oil spunds like a rip off but if it has to be done

Lol i doubt that no dogs here well that can roam outside man 100 bucks for seals and oil spunds like a rip off but if it has to be done

2 oil seals and 2 dust seals(dust seals really don't matter as long as they are in decent shape)through Suzuki are around $80 through most stealerships.
You need just over 1qt of oil for both forks(before you syphon), so you need to buy 2.
I have a new set of gen2 Moose Racing fork seals that I never used, as anything aside from oem fork seals don't get the best reviews.
I'de give them to you, but they won't fit a gen1.

Damn that sucks would of helped me alot but Thank you bud I appreciate it very much. These forums has been so much better to me than the people at zxforums for my ninja makes me want BUY ANOTHER SUZUKI lol

This is for my 04 busa i just noticed that i have some type of golden fluid on my rims. I have no idea where it would be coming from whether it be forks or brakes any assistance would be vreat

I think your front bearings are gone, the golden color is rust and grease from the inner bearings. Rotate the front and see if it spins or makes a grinding sound. Very cheap to replace and a DIY, any automotive shop can get them off and install.

I think your front bearings are gone, the golden color is rust and grease from the inner bearings. Rotate the front and see if it spins or makes a grinding sound. Very cheap to replace and a DIY, any automotive shop can get them off and install.

Nope, if the forks are oily on the shiny part, cant be wheel bearings. Only Fork seals, get them done right away though, don't waste time.

Back