Flashing F1 code

bpimm

Registered
Will a missing fuel pump relay cause a flashing FI code?

I'm trying to sort out the wiring harness for a car application and I don't have a fuel pump relay.

with the tip over sensor the manual shows, "ON = closed" and "OFF = open". is this referring to ignition on/off or tip over sensor on/off as in tip over = Closed standing up = open, I'm assuming it's the latter.

Any ideas?

Brian

Blown fuse or missing relay will cause a code. Not sure about the tip over question.

(GPW @ Aug. 19 2007,18:04) Switch the display into dealer mode and read the codes.
How do I switch it to Dealer mode?

I have the engine and wiring harness in a formula car.

Thanks

Brian

(bpimm @ Aug. 19 2007,19:23)
(GPW @ Aug. 19 2007,18:04) Switch the display into dealer mode and read the codes.
How do I switch it to Dealer mode?

I have the engine and wiring harness in a formula car.

Thanks

Brian

If you have the stock ECU and instrument cluster;

Take a paper clip to use as a jumper.

Look for a 4 holed plug that has 2 wires attached to it.  The 2 wires should only be 12-16" long from the ECU.

Take the paper clip and insert it into the 2 holes in the plug that correspond to the 2 wires attached to it.  Do this with the ignition on and look at the clock on the instrument cluster for the code.

Great, that's what I needed, I came up with 6 codes,
C-13 Intake air pressure sensor, not installed yet, non critical
C-15 Engine Coolant, Wires aren't long enough yet. non critical
C-22 Atmospheric Pressure sensor, not installed yet, non critical
C-23 Tip over sensor, Don't have one, CRITICAL
C-42 Ignition switch signal, Don't have one, CRITICAL
C-92 Fuel level gauge, don't have one, I'll fake with a resistor.

From what I have read, only two of these are critical codes that will prevent starting the engine, plus the missing fuel pump relay,

The tip over sensor I have hard wired closed and left open and neither has cleared the code, any idea what the ECU is looking for? once again this is in a car, I can get by without this sensor.

I didn't expect the ignition switch signal, I have it hard wired like the schematic shows for on, so unless there is some anti-theft stuff going on I'm not sure what this is yet. but it's not going to start until I get it cleared.

The rest of the senors will get installed once I get them from Suzuki. anyone know of a good parts house in SW Washington or Portland, OR.

Thanks for all of the help

Brian

I just cleared the ignition switch code by adding a resistor in line with the signal link to the ECU.

One down, and now it throws the missing fuel pump relay code. Now all I need to fake is the tip over sensor.

Sorry I can't help you out much more, you're getting past what I know  
tounge.gif

As for the tip over switch.  The code from the ECU might be separate from the switch that opens and closes the ignition circuit(guessing).  The engine might run just fine even with the ECU error code as long as the ignition circuit is closed.

Nobody has fuel pump relay in stock.
mad.gif

I think I may have found one on ebay with a tip over sensor cheap, I may have to go this way and wait for them to show up.

The tip over and fuel pump relay signals both keep it from starting, so I haven't even got to hear the starter yet.

so close but yet so far...

Thanks again for the help

Brian

think i can help you bro,i posted up a topic about this about 2 weeks ago.FI light came on flashing it turned out to be the fuel fuse had blown.
i did the paperclip thing and a code came up on dash saying c41 i think it was. go to your fuse box on upper left side on inner panel look in the fuse box and there is a red 10amp fuse it is the 1 saying fuel under the cover you lift up on fuse box.
you have a spare in there use that1 and replace asap
super.gif

hope that helps

Tip over sensor is faked..

Waiting for the fuel pump relay.

How important are the intake air pressure and atmospheric pressure sensor to the performance of the engine? I didn't get these in the package and they are quite spendy.

i ran into a similar problem last month
i have an extra fuel pump relay if you need one
send me an email, im or post here
ill check back to see your progress
good luck
i also have the full service manual if you need some codes or harness diagrams

Back