First time I hit the limiter!

try the road out to Ft. Summner! 3-5mi sight distance = awesome!

i have buried the needle past 185 but never hit the limiter.

:thumbs: sometimes you just have to go for it! :beerchug:

It's amazing how hard this bike pulls to 170, then it's just about 10 seconds to the limiter at my altitude. Looking forward to doing this at sea level. My bike will also power wheelie around 9500 RPM in first or second if I sit back on the seat. I usually get up on the tank and brace through second though. Must be a totally different bike at sea level. Looking forward to the added power when I get to the thick air.

It's amazing how hard this bike pulls to 170, then it's just about 10 seconds to the limiter at my altitude. Looking forward to doing this at sea level. My bike will also power wheelie around 9500 RPM in first or second if I sit back on the seat. I usually get up on the tank and brace through second though. Must be a totally different bike at sea level. Looking forward to the added power when I get to the thick air.

Oh man, you're at about 5200-5300 feet ASL... Yeah, It's a different animal down low. We are just around 700 feet in Chattanooga. Much of the Cherohala Skyway is right at your elevation, and it's quite a bit different up there.

Oh man, you're at about 5200-5300 feet ASL... Yeah, It's a different animal down low. We are just around 700 feet in Chattanooga. Much of the Cherohala Skyway is right at your elevation, and it's quite a bit different up there.

When we ride up in the Jemez or around Angel Fire/Taos I can feel the diff but most of it is twisties so there is still way more than enough power than I can safely take advantage of. I usually just leave her in 3rd or 4th and tourque it through the turns. Like I said, looking forward to sea level trials:laugh:

Back