first time at track, issues...

NSTIGATR

Registered
ok ran the bike for the first time tonight. best we could get was a 6.70 @ 118mph w/ 1.800 60'. only got three passes in for the night, fan switch decided to go out and wouldnt run so we loaded her up and went home.

the main problem...For some reason the bikes not wanting to go into second or third gear. when i click up it just revs, then click again and it goes into gear fine. it doesnt grind or anything, just like it goes to neutral. on the street however i can do the same thing and it goes in gear just fine all the time, shifts perfect to 2nd and 3rd. any ideas there?

we are gonna go back out Friday night and try some more with some different boots and i lowered the shifter foot lever some.

My fan never comes on @ track I dont think has time get hot enough.I do warm it up b-4 each pass.I guess on shifter you need establish is it rider error or mech prob.Does it shift ok under normal conditions street riding?

Pretty sure its not driver error. Been racing bikes for 8 years. Never had problems lke this. And yes on the street the bike does fine under normal conditions and at WOT through all the gears.
Posted via Mobile Device

I WASNT DOUBTING YOUR SKILLS.I been racing 30 years still make mistakes @ times it happens.This a fairly new bike? Might be the tranny still new dont want speed shift.I know when I installed shifter on my busa with like 1000 miles has set kill 2 the max or wouldnt shift.

Its got 12k on the clock. I talked to some busa owner at the track tonight and he said I need to have the second gear removed and a back cut set installed. Said he could do it for 800 bucks. I just hope this is the problem.
Posted via Mobile Device

i have heard people talk about this problem.....and say it was fixed by back-cutting the gears. this does not sound like any gear problem i have ever had.

before spending $800.00 i would spend a little more time at the track on this bike. it might be as simple as adjusting the shift lever to allow for more aggressive use...or even reversing it to GP style(never missed a shift since i reversed mine)

Wish there was some way he could make engine kill when he shifts.Takes all the stress of tranny.
I wonder if you installed a shifter with adjustable engine kill+set it long if it would shift.Bet it would.Thats how I got my pingle electric shifter set kill @ like 90 %

I would try adjusting the shift lever down a little to get a more positive shift and see if that helps before you start spending any money on tranny mods... :beerchug:

I've adjusted it now 3 different times and it still misses. If I launch easy 1.8 60' and stay at about 3/4 throttle it will shift fine. Only WOT off a hard launch 1.6x will it hang up and not go into 2nd. We are gonna put a cycle tech shifter on here soon and see if it will go into gear then. Thanks for the help so far fellas.
Posted via Mobile Device

Back