First ride with HID and DB screen

Yort

Donating Member
Registered
Well got back from Bartlesville today after having front fairing replaced. As they did that they installed the Zero Gravity dark smoke DB screen and HID light (high/low 6000k) at same time. Can't say enough about the dealership there. As it was freaking cold this morning I got there late but they went ahead and installed it all for me working up til close( 2 hrs. after arriving).
Now onto the review. First the screen, looks great and really seem to fit the color scheme with the dark smoke. On the ride home offered a great pocket to tuck behind at higher speed with less buffering. I did notice though seating up riding normally seems to have just a bit more wind noise then before (5'8") but not obnoxiuosly more.
Ok need to say this first about the HID lights. I stressed to the mechanics about the 10 minute min. burn in on the lights. So as they were akready closing the decide to hook them up at the end and bring me the bike. So they got the hi and low switched. Now with that sad I can not say how just the low beam is by itself, but the highbeam is unreal. Even with the sun still out ( around 4:30 or 5 pm) you could notice the reflectors on the side of the road catching the light. By dusk on the highway if riding behind a semitruck with a slight polished rear gate. It lit that thing up like a giant night light. By around 6 it was starting to get slightly dark. The light would light up every sign within site. To give you an idea i was passing a car and happen to look over at a sign and you could make out a perfect shadow of the car I was passing.
Will try to get lights switched back around to proper way tomorrow and maybe get a pic or two. Will have to say thank you again to Ks-waterbug again for setting up such a great deal on the HID kits.

where are the pictures
rock.gif

....Man, I thought this was settled, when someone posts about a new mod, they have to post some pics
tounge.gif

I keep hearing a lot about the HIDs; everyone seems to love them. I may have to put them on the list. As far as the Stealership goes...it's always good to hear that there are one or two decent ones still out there! Can't wait to see the pics!

Congrats on the new wind screen and HID! I wish I could test out my HID that I just bought for my busa, but I have to wait until spring since there is still snow on the ground
mad.gif
I have them in my tohoe and love them so I cant wait!

A couple pics of the HID after I got them switched to correct order. Not best pics but can now See the Light. Click to enlarge a bit.

Might try to get one outside after it gets dark if not too many beers during super bowl. Also gotta come up with a cover for the flash.

<!--EDIT|Yort
Reason for Edit: None given...|1139178153 -->

Hmmm installed my Helibars today and as I was installing them one of my ballast fell down. Going to have to get in there and remount them. Do have a question though how many bolts hold down the instrument cluster? Need to take it and screen out to fix. Could not find it in the owners manual.

2 on the bottom- rubber studs in top, if memory serves.

High Intensity Discharge....is what it stands for.....They are very bright and beautiful....they replace stock light or lights depending on kit

<!--EDIT|jmaz268
Reason for Edit: None given...|1139796429 -->

its pretty easy , take the plastic dash off that is around the cluster . You will see the 2 bolts , undo them and the cluster will pull off . There are 2 rubber push plugs that hold it on , all you have to do is pull nice and slow. Don't pull the cluster out to far as the wires don't go more than a few inches . You will be able to see everything .

Well got the instrument cluster off and started looking around at the installtion they did on the HID. Looks like I am going to have to take the nose back off and redo it. The placement of the doublesided pads as not very good and would be no way it would stick. Plus the wiring wasn't zip tied up and just kinda thrown in. So going to wait til weekend and take it back apart.

Back