Finished putting back together my 08

TA_GunSurgeon

Donating Member
Registered
Just finished getting her back together figured I would post up some pics. Just installed Gafler Wave Rotors, Muzzy aluminum fan blades, GPR V4 Steering stabilizer, PPM Lowering Triple Tree, Brock's Lowering Links, Speigler Clutch Line, Driven 45T rear sprocket, Speedo Healer V4, and PMR kill switch w/toggle switch. The toggle switch turns the radiator fans on and off so I can run them constantly when in traffic(When switch is off the fans still function normally).

DSC01863.jpg

DSC01854.jpg

DSC01857.jpg

DSC01858.jpg

DSC01859.jpg

DSC01861.jpg

"Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is, however, extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity "

-Like as in not having mirrors?

Looks good. How do you like the 45 tooth sprocket in the rear? I'm debating doing that. I went up two teeth on my 07 and loved it, but sort of like the gear spacing on the 08. Almost feels like I have another gear. Like the gold rear sets, too! Your bike is sharp!

"Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is, however, extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity "

-Like as in not having mirrors?
What do I need mirrors for ? I can turn my head to see what is behind me. Not to mention you can't see much out the mirrors any way.

I just looked it up and it say that two mirrors are required in the state of Maryland..
http://home.ama-cycle.org/amaccess/laws/result.asp?state=md

Maryland state motorcycle laws

Mirror Left(L) Right®    Two required by law

I would think you would get stopped a lot. It is easy to see that you do not have any mirrors and they all ready seem to enjoy pulling Busa's over.
I've never been pulled over for not having mirrors. I've had cops look at my bike up close when it's parked and they have never even mentioned it.

Looks good.  How do you like the 45 tooth sprocket in the rear?  I'm debating doing that.  I went up two teeth on my 07 and loved it, but sort of like the gear spacing on the 08.  Almost feels like I have another gear.  Like the gold rear sets, too!  Your bike is sharp!
I like the way it rides better with the 45T sprocket, but it hurt the gas milage a little.

No mirrors just seems ignorant to me? I use mine to lane check constantly, keep completely aware of where traffic is around me at all times. I can't see letting go of the handlebar to turn my shoulder to see straight behind me every few seconds. And to not be aware as possible in traffic.. just seems like an unnecessary danger to me. Isn't that exactly what your sig is getting at? That motorcycling is unforgiving of unnecessary dangers?

Sorry, I realize 90% of my posts on here are negative in nature.

Bike does look good though, definitely.

The bike looks great. Just don't ride it in Washington state. The WSP will ticket you for no mirrors, and they will find a different reason to pull you over for first.

Back