Finished Performance Modifications

dmrowe

Registered
Just finished installing my 'Christmas' presents.
Tsukigi Full Exhaust System
Brocks Pair Valve Blocking Plates
Air Box Mod & BMC Racing Air Filter
Factory Pro Billet Velocity Stacks
PCIII
TRE w/smart Chip
Performance Map compliments of Greg @ HPC
The fit and finish on the Tsukigi is outstanding, in reading the installation instructions they cautioned about checking clearances prior to finished installation to make sure they weren't touching the fairing and likely to cause it to burn or melt.  No such problem, fit was perfect, appearance and sound is outstanding and with the performance map for the PCIII from Greg at HPC there is allot more than just noticable difference!
Here are some pic's that I promised to post.  Thanks to Greg for all of his help and getting Christmas to me early!

Goodies.jpg

Start.jpg

Disassembly2.jpg

disasembly1.jpg

Parts2.jpg

Assembly2.jpg

Assembly1.jpg

Assembly3.jpg

DSC00900.jpg

DSC00901.jpg

(heavybusa @ Dec. 17 2006,17:42) is that your garage
rock.gif

Nice work  
beerchug.gif
 thanks for the pics
That is my finished garage. My house was built in 1924 and when we bought it the garage was a shell, no finished walls and NO electricity. I had it finished out this year, lots of outlets including 220 for a wire welder, fully insulated and an AC unit in the wall. One big draw back is that in '24 their idea of a two car garage was more like horseless carriages so there is only room for 3 motorcycles and a work bench. It's snug but it's comfy.

Great looking exhaust.

If I had it to do over that would be my choice in exhaust. Just not in the mood to do that mod over again.

It is time consuming to say the least.

runeight...

(runeight @ Dec. 18 2006,12:30) Great looking exhaust.

If I had it to do over that would be my choice in exhaust. Just not in the mood to do that mod over again.

It is time consuming to say the least.

runeight...
I am really impressed with the fit, workmanship and sound of the exhaust. It was nice just to have everything fit and not have to screw around readjusting everything, it fit right the first time. I hear your pain about having to put another system on, it is alot of work and everything I did took me about 10 hrs. But I am loving it!

(dmrowe @ Dec. 17 2006,21:40)
(heavybusa @ Dec. 17 2006,17:42) is that your garage
rock.gif

Nice work
beerchug.gif
thanks for the pics
That is my finished garage. My house was built in 1924 and when we bought it the garage was a shell, no finished walls and NO electricity. I had it finished out this year, lots of outlets including 220 for a wire welder, fully insulated and an AC unit in the wall. One big draw back is that in '24 their idea of a two car garage was more like horseless carriages so there is only room for 3 motorcycles and a work bench. It's snug but it's comfy.
Looks good to me, nice work finishing it.

Very nice..similar to my Tsukigi, but your Busa looks very nice! Why no pic's of the airbox mod/stacks/filter and PCIII Install?

(CAT3 @ Dec. 18 2006,19:flamethrowing:) Very nice..similar to my Tsukigi, but your Busa looks very nice!  Why no pic's of the airbox mod/stacks/filter and PCIII Install?
You know I really didn't think you all would be interested in seeing it all. The Factory Pro stacks would have been noteworthy though. Really bright and nicely machined short stacks. Sorry,

Since the weather was rather freaky here today, snowing in the mountains and dry gusty winds in the Valley, I decide to install my Battery Tender harness and take some photos of the Air Box Mod, Factory Pro Velocity Stacks and PCIII USB installation to finish out my posting on my mods.  Starting with the PCIII USB, the hardest part was working the harness around the frame in manner that was both neat and would prevent any chaffing.

HPIM0142.jpg

HPIM0141.jpg

HPIM0154-1.jpg

And yes, that blue thing is my TRE.

Next is the Air Box Mod and Factory Pro Installation. I followed Brocks instructions and drilled out around the flapper and then cleaned it up with a dremel. I left the vacuum valve attached as per the instructions so I didn't cut up the removed flapper and metal weld it to the box. The Factory Pro Velocity Stacks are slick!

HPIM0150.jpg

HPIM0146.jpg

HPIM0145.jpg

HPIM0144.jpg

HPIM0147.jpg

The Battery Tender pretty straight forward, just need to route the harness so it was accessible and able to be stowed so it would flop into the rear wheel and the connections to the battery were not in a position to get pinched against anything.

HPIM0152.jpg

HPIM0153.jpg

HPIM0155.jpg

All hooked up and charging, notice that I have it plugged into the ceiling. When I had the garage wired I had them put two sets of outlets in the ceiling also. You can never have enough available outlets.

One more thing before I forget, since I took pictures of it also, the BMC air filter. On the bench and installed. I had seen a previous posting where the member was wonder what to do with the foam pad that came in the box. The out ring of the pad is a gasket to place around the lower edge of the air filter to form a seal against the bottom of the air box. Just punch out the center and you have it.

HPIM0148.jpg

HPIM0151.jpg

I hope I didn't forget anything. Oh yes, finally got some Falcon Food. This stuff is smells sweet,

HPIM0156.jpg

Back