Finally !

Welcome , and good work on the kickstand.
What should I do for the kickstand mod. I know I have to remove some metal from the downlock mate surface, but about how much? Also I only have about 100 miles on , I was planning on changing the factory oil to get rid of breakin metal. Is it advisable to start running synthetic this early, or put more miles on. So much controversy on this subject , but since we ar in a conversation I would appreciate your opinion. Thanks for taking time for me.

IMG_0620.JPG
IMG_0621.JPG
Here is what I posted previously:
I was also concerned about stability after removal, however, it's so minimal that it's not a problem. After reading some of the old post, took a ride today on my 2008, never had any issues with bike tipping over, but it played with my mind, every time I stopped to park my bike. Came home & did the mod, by just taking a small amount off, I could really see why the mod is needed. FYI, after mod, the hardest part will be to get the 2 springs back on, lots of tension. Here's a tip, install the springs on the bracket side & to the kick stand arm, then slide the kick stand mounting hole over the bracket hole, line up the hole with a pin or screw driver, then install the bolt, very easy, instead of trying to stretch the springs. Good luck, agreed, a most do mod.

I posted 2 pictures that was previously posted for your review.

Usually, individuals switch to synthetic after break in oil, anywhere between 1,500 - 5,000 miles, you can decide when. Lots of guys use Rotella T6, full synthetic from Walmart, depends where you live on the cost, I think I paid about $22.

Aloha.

image.jpg

I will double up on the no synthetic till break in is complete, if you do it now it will never break in, that's how good it is at preventing wear. Keep in mind though it is a roller motor so it doesn't take as long as a car does with min 5000. I would also keep the break in oil in for 500 miles at least for the additives it has in it.
I love the color you have for the beauty of it, :bowdown: I got the Suzuki blue of coarse as it is the fastest color. :thumbsup:

I will double up on the no synthetic till break in is complete, if you do it now it will never break in, that's how good it is at preventing wear. Keep in mind though it is a roller motor so it doesn't take as long as a car does with min 5000. I would also keep the break in oil in for 500 miles at least for the additives it has in it.
I love the color you have for the beauty of it, :bowdown: I got the Suzuki blue of coarse as it is the fastest color. :thumbsup:
Great, I'll run the factory oil for the 500, change it with suzuki oil and filter. Then switch to full synthetic at 1500 miles , sounds like the logical plan. Thanks much.

Thanks for the advice, but do you really think that a 60 year old man needs a busa with a turbo?

I myself am over 60, and I have two turbo bikes. In fact, I rode both of them yesterday. There is nothing that comes close. No, I don't need them, but I sure don't want to be without them. I wouldn't know what you might need, different strokes for different folks. Some people would say no one needs a busa. But you have one, don't you?

As far as slip ons are concerned, there are a lot to look at, I think Yoshimura makes some nice ones. Good luck with your new ride ! :race:

I myself am over 60, and I have two turbo bikes. In fact, I rode both of them yesterday. There is nothing that comes close. No, I don't need them, but I sure don't want to be without them. I wouldn't know what you might need, different strokes for different folks. Some people would say no one needs a busa. But you have one, don't you?

As far as slip ons are concerned, there are a lot to look at, I think Yoshimura makes some nice ones. Good luck with your new ride ! :race:
Thanks Frank, yea don't think I haven't thought of a tubro, If I had the bucks it would probably be on already, but I will start with slip ons. You keep rockin and stay in touch. I'll probably ride today. I have to ease back into this. My last sportbike yas a 95 zx11 back in 96. I only kept for about a year. This busa is a reay handful. But rides like no other.

Back