FI  Red light

dwnhllthng

Registered
Ok guys, I had my FI light come on today for a split second, I cut the bike of immediatley not knowing what it was, turned it back on adn it was gone, when it came on I reved it with a quick spurt, and thats when the light came on, nothing high RPM just twitch of the wrist. I jstu read that that means theres a possible fuel injection problem. Am I screwed? or is it tempremental to quick snaps of the throttle?

Your fine, Get on it and ride!
The light will blink when there is a problem that will allow it to run!
The light will stay on and not let the bike run with a big problem!
You might have hit the RED engine kill switch on the right switch housing just a little that would cause the light to come on while bliping the throtle?

The Fi light is turned on when there is a fuel/ignition system glitch. It's nothing to fret about until it stays lit. Most Air shifters will ignite the light since they use a ignition kill system that stops the spark to unload the power and allow an upshift. This is deteced and the light blinks. Resetting the light is as simple as turning the key off then re-starting the bike.
Sounds to me like your bike just loaded up a bit. You may have to take it to a safe abandoned back road and blow the carbon out of the system and allow the bike to burn clean once again.
If the problem persists and it is pre- '05 you can do the safety pin trick and read the error codes to find your problem.

Do you have a PCIII? [/Quote]

Yes, it does have a PCIII, bad? good? indifferent? I didnt put it on, so I'm wondering if the guy before me just smacked it on and jacked the fuel up or something.

Well, since some people seemed to think that it may have been the PCIII that was causing the problem I disconnected it and the thing runs like a dream. Does anyone have a good map I could use to upload onto my PCIII? Cause I would love to be able to use it, it's just the mp thats on it is obviously causing a problem in high RPM's

hi lads, I have the same problem, red F1 light blinking and bike won`t start. What could it be wrong ?
I think is a fuel/ignition problem. What you guys think ?

Back