FI error code C040

I only understood about 4 of your bullet points but progress is progress. So you think the AMS or boost controller might be flaky? Aren't those $$$$$?

You said something about other turbo controller. ? What do you mean?
This lectronic thingy...has 3 lights on it,one blinks red. What is this controller's function 202?

20200814_101418_Burst01.jpg

I only understood about 4 of your bullet points but progress is progress. So you think the AMS or boost controller might be flaky? Aren't those $$$$$?
Which point confused you Bro...besides near all of it ? LOL.
I'm (hoping) its just the signal they are getting/not getting intermittently.
YES,they are big dough which I do not have.
Rubb.

If you think that’s the issue and want to try riding it with it disconnected. Pull your waste gate spring so it does not build boost

Could it be a gear position sensor? Another guy posted not to long that they are common issues and it sounds like it’s reverting to a neutral map.

Eeeck. That one controls the fueling. If that one is disconnected you will not get fuel under boost. You NEED that one
Ya 202,unplugged test ride for 2 minutes,under 4000 RPM.
It tests OK. :thumbsup:
If you think that’s the issue and want to try riding it with it disconnected. Pull your waste gate spring so it does not build boost
Ya dangerous stuff,didn't have to go that far,thank God.
Could it be a gear position sensor? Another guy posted not to long that they are common issues and it sounds like it’s reverting to a neutral map.
I'm open to all thoughts Matt. My next move is a straight ground to the battery from the clutch circuit,the clutch feed to the AMS and the AMS ground itself. But I will test the GPS as well, because as you know boost is controlled by gear position. It can be changed to have boost controlled a couple different ways but I like the GPS method. This will be a lot of fix/test ride...rinse and repeat. But I want to know the exact cause of this and won't do like some others and throw 4 or 5 fixes at a bike,have it cured,but not know the exact answer. I want to know,and I want to be able to pass knowledge along to all of us. It's "Good for Business" :thumbsup:
Some guys like to hoar'd the knowledge. :laugh:
Rubb.

Ya some dude just blew up his turbo bike and was getting the false gear issue like your talking about.
OUCH! No I can't afford that dude. I'm doing nice easy gentle test rides staying way the heck outa high RPM...and out 5 and 6 where the 10lbs of boost is. I'm monitoring motor temp closely and am actually running several degree's cooler right now. If I'm in a rich A/F condition right now,good. Fouled plugs I can live with, right. My gear indicator position is just messed up due to the fact that the cluster is not getting the correct signal right now due to disconnection thru the AMS. I do not think the GPS is whack,but it will be tested.
Thanks for lookin' in bro. :thumbsup:
Rubb.

Rubb's gear position sensor was replaced on May 9, 2017... I know, I replaced it. I'd hope that a genuine Suzuki part would last longer than just three years...

View attachment 1624817

SAAAWEEEET....someone to blame. You fugged up my GPS you bastid.
I knew it. For three years that thing has been acting up. It's caused me nuthin' but grief.
I'm gonna get you for this....
It used to be this....
'Buser>
kiss.gif
<Rubb

Now....it's gonna be this....
"Buser>
hide.gif
crowbar.gif
<Rubb

lawsuit.png

See you in court...pal.
Rubb.

(...)would last longer than just three years...

yes and no - no because sometimes big s h i t happens

@rubbersidedown
as i said at the phone
just to check it you can use an old sensor,
weld a bridge (short wire) from mid point to point of the 5th gear
and plug it to the harness´ plug (the sensor simply lay onto the crankcase)
testride and if the issue stay the sensor is ok.
if not, ..... ;)

or use a 6.8 kilo ohm, 1/4 watt resistor as a bridge between pink and black wire at the harness´ plug.

two ways to exclude a faul at/by the sensor

OUCH! No I can't afford that dude. I'm doing nice easy gentle test rides staying way the heck outa high RPM...and out 5 and 6 where the 10lbs of boost is. I'm monitoring motor temp closely and am actually running several degree's cooler right now. If I'm in a rich A/F condition right now,good. Fouled plugs I can live with, right. My gear indicator position is just messed up due to the fact that the cluster is not getting the correct signal right now due to disconnection thru the AMS. I do not think the GPS is whack,but it will be tested.
Thanks for lookin' in bro. :thumbsup:
Rubb.
It was @s3ns4i who had his gps go out while on the dyno. He has had nothing but bad luck with that bike out seems. He did post in it in his "sick to my stomach" thread. Only reason I remember it because he has the 50th anniversary paint I was originally looking for and I hope to one day see his bike since he doesn't live far from me.

Meh, I'm covered by the dealership. Sue them. :moon:
"Cheeky" bastid.
Going to try and tie this down.
Ground AMS directly to the battery,I don't know where it gets its - now.
Ground SSI sensor " " "
Remove signal for AMS from GPS from wherever its tapped in (unknown) and get the signal from the ECU.
Failing those...replace SSI 100PSI and GPS.
Hopefully achieving victory at one of those points. :thumbsup:
'Buser
kiss.gif
...I still love ya.
Rubb.

It was @s3ns4i who had his gps go out while on the dyno. He has had nothing but bad luck with that bike out seems. He did post in it in his "sick to my stomach" thread. Only reason I remember it because he has the 50th anniversary paint I was originally looking for and I hope to one day see his bike since he doesn't live far from me.
Huge bummer. :(
Rubb.

Hey guys! My GPS sensor was bad for a few years actually and when the bike was NA it wasn't so much of a big deal, but after I went full turbo, it became a BIG issue.

After having that fixed we are running into yet another issue with the bike to its back at the shop again. If you are programmed through the ecu and your GPS is bad, please get it fixed ASAP.

Rubb, if you suspect your AMS to be bad, reach out to Seb at NLR, he's always been a stand up guy. He may have some input for you.

Hey guys! My GPS sensor was bad for a few years actually and when the bike was NA it wasn't so much of a big deal, but after I went full turbo, it became a BIG issue.

After having that fixed we are running into yet another issue with the bike to its back at the shop again. If you are programmed through the ecu and your GPS is bad, please get it fixed ASAP.
IMPORTANT safety tip. Thank you. :bowdown:
Rubb, if you suspect your AMS to be bad, reach out to Seb at NLR, he's always been a stand up guy. He may have some input for you.
Awesome idea Bro. I tried that guy who recently crashed his turbo,said he had one for sale,but he already sold it. On the "shoe-string" budget that I am on,I thought it prudent to have a spare if needed now or down the road. I'm rolling on 10 year old technology, but for the near future its all I've got. It has been near flawless for me...so I will repair as needed,no choice. Up grades are just out of the question. Thanks,
Rubb.

IMPORTANT safety tip. Thank you. :bowdown:

Awesome idea Bro. I tried that guy who recently crashed his turbo,said he had one for sale,but he already sold it. On the "shoe-string" budget that I am on,I thought it prudent to have a spare if needed now or down the road. I'm rolling on 10 year old technology, but for the near future its all I've got. It has been near flawless for me...so I will repair as needed,no choice. Up grades are just out of the question. Thanks,
Rubb.
I understand budget constraints! What I was getting at was more of trying to find out if this is a known issue and if there's a workaround or other inexpensive solution. Even something like a software update would likely be cheaper than buying another controller, and certainly cheaper than replacing the motor.
To me being on a tight budget means spending wisely.

Back