Ffl!!!

Zewski

Registered
So I had to fight my county government to allow me to have my FFL and use my home address, but I finally got my county council to approve it, and I am waiting on the interview with BATFE. If there is anything that I can help fellow board memebers get their hands on let me know! I will be happy to give the best deal I can. We are hoping to have a website up soon too! Looking forward to buying some new toys!! As soon as I have the liscense I will update the thread.

:firing:

Last edited:
I can ship anywhere as long as it goes to another FFL. They then do the transfer to the buyer.

Since you just did this, can you tell me what the requirements for the FFL are? Not really the city stuff, as I am in IL, but was considering trying to get an FFL...

Do you have to have an actual storefront, hours, and inventory??

Been thinking of getting a couple of these for home defense, you know automatic sentry watch while I am away from home one for the front yard an one for the rear I have enough room, whats the best deal you can give me ???

I have the rig to pick it up :poke:

Since you just did this, can you tell me what the requirements for the FFL are? Not really the city stuff, as I am in IL, but was considering trying to get an FFL...

Do you have to have an actual storefront, hours, and inventory??

You can find all the requirements at ATF Online - Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. There is a FAQ about it also. You would want to read through "form 7," that is the actual application. $200 for the first three years and $90 per three years after that. They have however cracked down on just letting anyone get them. They really want to know that you have a plan to operate with the intention of making a decent amount of "profit" as they call in on the application. We are going to open a storefront, we are looking into findig property, but we want to find a property that has enough open square footage that we can also build an indoor range. So in the meantime we decided to use my home address to get the liscense, and then we can sell via web, or referral. The FFL is a "federal liscense" but it is only good to sell (meaning to actually do the transfer) within the state, so the state, or locality does play a factor in getting it. Even using my home address, I have to list regular business hours, which just means if they wanted to come and inspect my paperwork, there will be someone there (that's where the wifey comes in.) Once we open the storefront, I am going to leave my current employment and go like hell! We will have inventory either way, but we will also be able to buy wholesale in the beginning and hopefully direct at some point in time.

Back