Fastest you've driven your car

SLA1500

Donating Member
Registered
The Busa is one thing, but how fast have you driven your car...? Here's a pic of our trip to Germany in July, in a rented 2006"S" Class Turbo Mercedes 330. Took this pic while the rest of the family was sleeping between Dortmund and Berlin. The speedo indicates mph in small numbers on the lower left.

Actually topped it out at 155 mph along the way.

Still a good deal short from the top end on our M5. Top speed in the M5-BMW was 168 (twice so far) at the limit.

Are toys fun, or what

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

laugh.gif
that is moving, I hit 100 frequently driving up to DC.

I'd say I've been up to 120, I dont own a high end ride like an M5 or S class.
super.gif

My Iroc-Z - 145+(only reads to 145 but needle was well past that)

moms C5 - 155(5th gear)

aunts 01 Cobra - 140(4th gear)

this year the Iroc will see 160+

Dodge SRT-4

142 myself in 4th gear at redline
super.gif

Dodge has it governed at 156mph from factory..
SHOCKED.gif

Needless to say it hauls azz..
wink.gif

(Pops Roos @ Jan. 28 2007,02:10) Dodge SRT-4

super.gif

SHOCKED.gif

wink.gif
Not as fast as an SRT-8
poke.gif

140 in the Z28. It still had room to go faster but the road surface I was using was pretty messed up so I had to back it off.

--Wag--

146 in an 87 Mustang GT off the showroom floor. (Calculated from RPM's, damn those 85 MPH speedo's!)Still have it, of course.

(GSXTacy @ Jan. 28 2007,03:43)

super.gif

SHOCKED.gif

wink.gif
Not as fast as an SRT-8      
poke.gif
HEY! quit pickn on da lil' guys....it takes more cajones IMO to fly at those speeds in a sport compact than a big SuperCar or sedan...shorter wheelbase, narrower track make it harder to maintain those triple digits over 120mph.
Had a Golf that did bout 127mph....after mods, stock was 115 when I got it.
Civic SI that held on to 140mph....for a lil bit
Supra TT ('95) i did 155flat
My 300SRT8 does 170 mph (so they say @ Chrysler...i have never had enuf room to find out) I can confirm 150+ it has room to go-just need flat roads long enuf n dead enuf to test it out.

but honestly? no fun goin fast in cages for me anymore over 100...it takes sooooooooo long to get there, and soooooooooo long to slow down!
all_coholic.gif

ps (300SRT8s eat V8 M5s for breakfast!
poke.gif
firedevil.gif
)

poke.gif

135 in my 04 max...... was too skerd to go any faster at that time.

(GSXTacy @ Jan. 28 2007,03:43)

super.gif

SHOCKED.gif

wink.gif
Not as fast as an SRT-8
poke.gif
AAAssjani.gif
pissed.gif
laugh.gif

165 in my buddy's blown C6 vette. If you think a cage won't get there as fast as our busas, you have never been in a 3000 lb car that puts 730hp to the WHEELS! Have not had a chance to race him yet...not sure if I'm ready to have my azz handed to me on my bike!
wow.gif

160ish in a Viper GTS I rented in vegas. Best money I didn't go home with........
Big D, v-8 M5's are old news........ why not give the v-10 M5 a run for your money, you might be suprised
guns.gif

suprised, B954
rock.gif
rock.gif

more like preparing myself for a letdown....2 more pistons, n $50k more dollars leaves little to my imagination...the new M5s pull 1/4mi. times .5sec faster off the bat, and are supposed to run out to 180ish ungoverned....

its hard to find anyone who ponyed up $100k + for a ride who wants to drag race it around here...but Im always looking
firedevil.gif

best victory to date has to be the new E55 AMG...Amy brutalized one lite-to-lite with one'a my homies riding shotgun; he said the E55 tried to leave early on the last lite, and she STILL pulled around him!
I have yet to race it @ the strip....but Amy wants to take it to Hennesy to the 500Kit anyway, so prolly just wait for that n then go...heard the blowers out there for the 6.1L are crap so stayin all-motor with this thing.
Her Chevelle is faster, IMO-but just to 100mph or so-its geared for 1/4mi only. again cant really say never raced it.

I HAVE however, raced against a Porsche 911 Carrera w/supercharger kit (cant rem. whose) on a 2-mi. bridge, one side to the other....he only had 500-ish hp, but weighs less than a Vette...and he got left behind like Roseanne Barr in Hawaii IronMan
wow.gif

somebody posted a vid not too long back in Random, with a 850hp Viper gettin spanked by MILDLY moded busas, and SMOKED by a bike with NOS n some motor work....so StuckIB-dont worry, you can still get around your boy's C6
beerchug.gif

rock.gif

Back