Fastest color???

Sparta

Registered
Sup guys am new to the board, will be getting my hayabusa in a few weeks so ive been reading info you guys have posted. Ive been seeing a lot of post by some of you guys that say that one color of the hayabusa is the fastest color, and i was wondering what the deal is with that?

The darker the color the heavier the paint weighs. The darker colors contain more molecules than the lighter colors thus adding weight to the bike. It doesn't sound like much but once you take the entire bike into account after several coats of paint is applied this definately weighs down the bike thus more weight is less power. The darker colors require 2 extra coats to cover the primer properly too. This is why the 05 models have stickers as decals and not using paint.

<---- dyin
laugh.gif

Toyz,
Is that why everyone is so "anti-sticker" on this board? That reminds me, I gotta go tighten up my reflectors!!!!

laugh.gif

Welcome to the Org!
Everyone here knows that the 00 Blue/Silver is unquestionably the fastest color....
smile.gif

The factory only made one year of the "unrestricted" blue/silver bikes so as to give any competitor a fighting chance at staying in a Busa's rear view mirrors! Hence the mirror decals on the 00; "Objects in Mirror May Soon Disappear".

The darker the color the heavier the paint weighs. The darker colors contain more molecules than the lighter colors thus adding weight to the bike. It doesn't sound like much but once you take the entire bike into account after several coats of paint is applied this definately weighs down the bike thus more weight is less power. The darker colors require 2 extra coats to cover the primer properly too. This is why the 05 models have stickers as decals and not using paint.
iamwithstupid.gif
idea.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

This bro is hillarious....
laugh.gif

It's not only the weight of the paint molocules, but how well the air slips over them at speed.
So with the multi- colored bikes there is a turbulance that builds up.
That is why everyone waits for the single colored Limited Editions.

The denser molecules of the darker colors (the '03 black/gray for instance) make for a less porous surface, hence offsetting the slight increase in weight with greatly reduced wind resistance. Better airflow = the fastest color.

No, No, No. Black and silver is the fastest. The black paint absorbs heat and energy while the silver deflects it. The resulting heat and energy reaction adds a good 20 hp to the bike.

the black and purple has proven out to be the only truly frictionless paint ever used on a motorcycle-this adds an additional 47.5 horsepower to the stock bike- you people should know that--------

Orange is by far the fastest. Since the color is like the sun it is able to harness some of the sun's fusion for a 10+ hp gain.

Red is the fastest, assembly line workers in Japan tend to slack or get tired when boring colors are running down the assembly line....when red goes down the line they put everything they have into these bikes...they know that Red = power and in Japan that means something special....do not disrepect the red! I bet there is a Japanese word for this.

There is no mystery to the color of the fastest Busa. It is the color you have, the only exception to this is Green which is faster.

Ok, ok. I wasn't going to let the cat out of the bag for another year, but what the hell...

The Suzuki Factory "color codes" every Busa. The colors get added last, after they dyno each bike. I'll probably get in trouble for this, but here's the inside scoop on the 2005 models...

'05 Blue/Silver - fastest legal speed (186)
'05 Red/Silver - slower by 1.5%
'05 LE - slower by 2.8%
'05 Black/Silver - slower by 3.35%

Not that big of a deal I guess, but I'd by the Blue/Sliver if I was you!
tounge.gif

Back