Fast Idle

BusaTransplant

Registered
So I skimmed through any fast idle threads that might contain what I’m looking for with no luck. I’m looking to clean up the bars on my bike and will not be running the stock controls that include the fast idle control. I’m trying to find a detailed wire diagram for the fast idle switch. Any info is appreciated!

Are you one who loves this feature to warm the bike up more quickly? If not I would disable it. I am unable to find threads here detailing that but I would think it is a matter of removing the cable. Perhaps someone can chime in on any issues?

As said, cable controlled.
It is an additional linkage on the left side of the throttle body linkage.
The fast idle cable pulls independently of the throttle, and holds it in place...and makes it idle faster, it helps during cold weather cold starts.
Also as said, it is as simple as removing it's 2 cables if you want to remove it.
It may be better to move it down around the triple clamps, mount it out of sight, that way it's there if you need it.

As said, cable controlled.
It is an additional linkage on the left side of the throttle body linkage.
The fast idle cable pulls independently of the throttle, and holds it in place...and makes it idle faster, it helps during cold weather cold starts.
Also as said, it is as simple as removing it's 2 cables if you want to remove it.
It may be better to move it down around the triple clamps, mount it out of sight, that way it's there if you need it.
this will be my first fuel injected bike, used to a choke vs the fast idle. So I’ll see if I can relocate it

And tips or experience shortening the cables?

No need to shorten cables.
I meant to simply relocate the lever itself.
If you lift the gas tank you can see the throttle and fast idle linkage.
Except I’m using a completely different frame and tank.

386FC039-3568-4E23-97B0-16ED66C55F8E.jpeg

The linkage, cables, and lever aren't on the engine?
The stock cables should be long enough to give you several mounting options.
If you need different length cables, contact Motion-Pro

@BusaTransplant

hell - great plan to implant a busa engine in that ooooooooooold (black ;) ) frame in front of the pic
(frame looks like a gs1000 ? from the 80´s)

and for the idle cable get for instance the old typed choke cable (for carbs) of that frame
and hide its knob somewhere under the tank or so / similar to the old position
should work perfect. ;)

and here to encourage you further, a link to an external transformation of a ´00s

and a 1st pic of it
020dirla-suzuki-gsx-r-1300-hayabusajpg%20001.jpg

Last edited:
@BusaTransplant

hell - great plan to implant a busa engine in that ooooooooooold (black ;) ) frame in front of the pic

and for the idle cable get for instance the old typed choke cable (for carbs) of that frame
should work perfect. ;)

and here to encourage you further, a link to an external transformation of a ´00s

and a 1st pic of it
View attachment 1644400
A choke cable is one cable, and will not work.
The fast idle uses 2 cables.

no man
you´re wrong - all ´99-´07 busa have only one cable from left handle bar to throttle bank´s right side
where a lill bit lower the throttle opener and closer cable are also connected.

i promise - an old choke system, like at yamaha´s FJ 1200 etc., definitely will work perfect.

Yes, you are correct, my mistake.

Screenshot_20211205-134740_Gallery.jpg

@BusaTransplant

should work perfect. ;)

and a 1st pic of it
View attachment 1644400
That’s a neat bike, and you’re close with that guess. Bike is a 1980 GS850G. Swapping motors and from shaft to chain driven. Using a GS1000 chain drive swing arm and rear wheel and adapting the shaftie swing arm bolts to a complete through bolt and having a 40T 530 sprocket machined for a gs bolt pattern.

@BusaTransplant

does this swing arm (you choosed) have a reinforcement, i.e. upper or lower beam?
if it were the normal tubular swing arm from the gs 850 or 1000, this would probably not be suitable for the power of the busa engine, it has plenty of double the power.
i fear it would bend.

@BusaTransplant

does this swing arm (you choosed) have a reinforcement, i.e. upper or lower beam?
if it were the normal tubular swing arm from the gs 850 or 1000, this would probably not be suitable for the power of the busa engine, it has plenty of double the power.
i fear it would bend.
The base where the arms meet the pivot point seems pretty reinforced, also it’ll be 2 shocks distributing the load compared to 1 monoshock. I suppose we’ll see

EB7925C3-0418-4066-BBF8-14CD06C753DD.jpeg

@BusaTransplant

should work perfect. ;)

and a 1st pic of it
View attachment 1644400
thats a Busa frame, look at the rearset bolts, Busa as well, Preaty cool looking i do say, made me look!

Back