Fast Idle adjustment.

NightCrawler

Love all. Trust a few. Do wrong to none.
Donating Member
Registered
I read here a while back that you can adjust the -fast idle- (false-choke lever) to your prefered RPM, and that some adjust it to 4000rpm in order to use it as a free cruise control.

What has to be pulled or turned in order to make this adjustment?

Dude why would you want cruise. You never know when you may have to rap on the throttle. I never feel that this is a good idea.

If memory serves me correct you have to bend the stop tab or adjust a limiting screw.....

Dude why would you want cruise. You never know when you may have to rap on the throttle. I never feel that this is a good idea.
I work nights and get off around 3:30 in the morning. There is little to no traffic at that time so either I'm cruising at 70, or wide open at 180+.

Even by doing what I mentioned earlier, I'd still keep my hand on the throttle in case I actually do have to rip. But when I ride 15 miles on the highway with nothing around me nearly every night, it'll be kinda nice to relax a bit every once in a while.

Well I rode 599.7 miles and I never felt that I needed a cruise. I know that everyones needs are different, but safety I think is an issue here.

Well I rode 599.7 miles and I never felt that I needed a cruise. I know that everyones needs are different, but safety I think is an issue here.
I noticed you said "rode" and not "ride". If you did that under constant basis, you'd probably look into one of these
smile.gif

Besides, its not a need for me, just a want. I'd only be relaxing my body, actually ... only one hand, not my mind. THAT is when safety would be an issue. And like I said, there are virtually no cages on the road at that time, so I only need to worry about possibly falling asleep and ending up in a ditch. I doubt that would happen.

Thanks for your concern though ...  
afro.gif

Cant you get one of thsoe cruise control thingy's over eBay... I think that would be a better bet than mendling with your Idle!!

Guys, the Cheeseman first posted this and I trust his judgement on Mods to the Busa. ANYTHING can be dangerous, worst case scenerio you pull the clutch in........... There are far more dangerous things, like
Your exhaust falling off
smile.gif

Throwing a chain while moving
smile.gif

But, luckly these things never happen.
wink.gif

smile.gif

Cant you get one of thsoe cruise control thingy's over eBay... I think that would be a better bet than mendling with your Idle!!
Yeah. What about decellerating. Can you force the fast idle off by turning the throttle? If not, sounds like a safety issue to me.
Allow me to clarify this. If you use cruise control in a car, chances are your hands will still be on the sterring wheel because you still have to guide the car. In my case, with this sort of cruise control, my hands will still be on the handles, just not as tight as normal.

Now to answer your question, no ... to decelerate you can not force the fast idle off by turning the throttle. But you can turn it off with a simple flick of your left thumb. As for the bike decelerating, it will do so because the throttle itself would not have been open to begin with.

I think some of you have confused "cruise control" for "auto-pilot". Big difference there.

<!--EDIT|Spigga
Reason for Edit: None given...|1123767907 -->

Back