Fall Bash

(DNGrumpy @ Sep. 24 2007,20:12) Anybody got an idea how cell coverage is down there. I need to be reachable by work, not that I can drop everything to go fix any puter F-up's but I said I'd check anyway...
I called and they said it was "spotty" at best on the road, the hotels get signals in Robbinsville. I too have to be available but think I pretty much have it covered

I got one guy to cover my Network servers, I put up a spare workstation in case someone needs it, they have my email address as well...

So long as my web servers stay put, I am good to go..

Theres no cell phone coverage in gods country..
bowdown.gif
Ok very little.. Sprint will work but you'll be in analog roaming..

Is it time to leave yet?

Motel is fine... If I canget cell maybe my "Air Card" will work. They can send me emails... I can answer them overnight when nobody is in the building. Oops!!!

(DNGrumpy @ Sep. 24 2007,17:54) Motel is fine...  If I canget cell maybe my "Air Card" will work.  They can send me emails...  I can answer them overnight when nobody is in the building.  Oops!!!
LOL
beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
laugh.gif

beerchug.gif

(DNGrumpy @ Sep. 24 2007,17:54) Motel is fine...  If I canget cell maybe my "Air Card" will work.  They can send me emails...  I can answer them overnight when nobody is in the building.  Oops!!!
Oh yeh,, Dave you might need a tire again!

just make sure you leave yourself a terminal server open for access.. I took off one week and forgot to leave the door open, had to coach a secretary though one of my servers to open the services... (test it too BEFORE you leave LOL )

(DNGrumpy @ Sep. 24 2007,20:12) Anybody got an idea how cell coverage is down there.  I need to be reachable by work, not that I can drop everything to go fix any puter F-up's but I said I'd check anyway...
Downtown Robbinsville is about all you can hope for...

Weather according to Weather Pulse...
super.gif
Thursday is looking a little wet..
SHOCKED.gif

Daytime High /
Overnight Low (F) Humidity Precip.
Tonight
Sep 25 N/A 58 N/A% 10%
Wednesday
Sep 26 Mostly Sunny 85 / 57 62% 20%
Thursday
Sep 27 Scattered T-Storms 81 / 53 66% 50%
Friday
Sep 28 Sunny 81 / 50 69% 10%
Saturday
Sep 29 Sunny 83 / 48 57% 20%
Sunday
Sep 30 Sunny 82 / 49 61% 10%

Well guys, it is Tuesday 1730 hours and I am done with work until Tuesday!!! all day tomorrow to get packed, bike checked out and loaded up!! whoohoo!

Lessee now....
helmet
beer money
gloves
more beer money
laptop
clothes
more beer money
toothbrush
my forever sharp razor blade and finally MORE BEER MONEY...

(bogusLogon @ Sep. 25 2007,16:flamethrowing:) Well guys, it is Tuesday 1730 hours and I am done with work until Tuesday!!!   all day tomorrow to get packed, bike checked out and loaded up!!  whoohoo!  

Lessee now....
helmet
beer money
gloves
more beer money
laptop
clothes
more beer money
toothbrush
my forever sharp razor blade and finally MORE BEER MONEY...
Dont forget the beer money!!!

Now this is a dry county right? I plan on bringing quite a bit with so if theres any special kinds let me know otherwise I'm just buying bud light.

Sam adams (cream stout if available) please , more money to follow..... also are you bringing a laptop? If not I will bring mine and let you haul it from Louisville (hate dragging it on the bike)

got the new front tire and brakes on and i am ready to go...finished up work this morning and don't have to be back until next Tues.
beerchug.gif

You guys be careful.
beerchug.gif

Take lots of pics for us less fortunate.
bowdown.gif

Pull some good practical jokes.
argue.gif

For all thats leaving on Wednesday and Thursday, have a safe trip and we will see ya on Friday. Had a new rear tire mounted today so tomorrow I will clean the chain, put the rear wheel back on and wash and wax the bike. Yeah, I am ready for this trip to be here.
biggrin.gif

Pappy got to Jet Li's house today about noon.. They will be leaving Ga. about 0800 for robbinsville eta about noonish..
super.gif

Me and my buddies will be leaving by *pm on thurs, and driving straight thru! Its only 1018 miles!

However i was moving Dngrumpy's bike in the trailer today, and when i moved it out of the Baxley chock. I didn't notice that the bike kickstand was down, and the foot of the kickstand came down wright on the top of my left foot!!@##$#
So ill see how the swelling go down, i dont know how much riding ill be doing now!

Back