Extended Tail Question

B@DA$$08BUS@

Donating Member
Registered
I just got my +6 ext tail today from Catalyst Racing Composits, well the tail light does not fit in there properly. I called them and they said they have never had fitment issues on the 08, as it is their bread and butter. My question is for ones who have the extended tail, did you have similar issues, or am I Jacked up and not doing something right? I will/should have pics tomorrow or Sunday, as I have to shoot some and send them to them as well.

No Problems. Bolted right up

NED0410Csmall.jpg

Stock undertail has to go. You can get a metal undertail from Tiger Racing. Commonly referred to as a tiger tail.

If you search my posts or searchthe Gen 2 section for "tiger tail with trunk space" my post should come up.

I'd link to it bust I'm posting from my phone.

did you use the catalyst bracket?

have you sent the pics to them to see what they say about it?

im about to purchase an ext tail also, like to know how this turns out.

I did email them today, all these pics. Gotta call tomorrow. Yes I used their "bracket" actually theirs is only really a bracket holder for your OEM bracket. I think its the tail, seems kinda off. I already talked to them on Friday when I posted this and they said they have NEVER had an issue with their 08 tails as its their bread and butter. BUT this one just dont seem right. As per conversation with them on Friday they are gonna figure it out thats why they wanted pics.

Last edited:
I did email them today, all these pics. Gotta call tomorrow. Yes I used their "bracket" actually theirs is only really a bracket holder for your OEM bracket. I think its the tail, seems kinda off. I already talked to them on Friday when I posted this and they said they have NEVER had an issue with their 08 tails as its their bread and butter. BUT this one just dont seem right. As per conversation with them on Friday they are gonna figure it out thats why they wanted pics.

it doesnt look right thats for sure. if thats the quality they turn out think im gonna be looking at an airtech instead.

hope they make it right.

Baddazz......Does appear that something is off for Sure.....if your Confident that its Not in the Bracket(s), then it has to be the Hole itself. They are Not hard to Trim "if" thats the Route you wanna take??? If your like Me...I HATE WAITING on stuff to get here!! :banghead:
Here's a Pic of Mine(AirTech)and they dont come Pre-Cut for Tail light AT ALL. What I found was the Best & Easiest way of doing it was with a "GOOD" Drill Bit in a Dremmel. Makes a Nice Clean cut and is Very easy to control. It looks a little intimidating at first, but once you get into it.....its Cake! Just take your Time and Remove a little at a Time & keep test Fitting. :thumbsup:

OR, you could do what MOST of us would say is the Right thing to do :whistle: .....SEND IT BACK and Make them get ya Right......or at the VERY LEAST make them Re-Fund some cash!!! :rulez:
Anywayz PM Me if ya need any Help Bro :beerchug:

Picture 136 (Large).jpg

Picture 142 (Large).jpg

Picture 147 (Large).jpg

Picture 146 (Large).jpg

Jason,
I have the same Catalyst tail, and although I would not consider the fit or finish "show quality" I didn't have the same fit problems you are having. It almost looks like something is hanging up on the tail light, and not allowing the fiberglass to fit right. Like Toxic said, there was a bit of cutting and filing to make it close, but its not perfect. My biggest gripe is the holes left in the tail for the passenger foot pegs. If you have a tail like this, you shouldn't be driving around with someone on the back. Silly. I need to glass these in at some point.

tank1.jpg

You had questions about the inner fender installation. I would contact Guy direct if you are having problems with the Tiger tail installation. I don't think they were ever designed to be waterproof. I built my own rear subframe out of chrome-moly with an integrated undertail I made myself, so my advice is worthless unfortunatly. There is a LOT of weight in the tail that can be removed if your clever about it. Kind of a crappy pic of the subframe being welded up...

rearsubframe.jpg

Last edited:
They want me to send it back for replacement. No wait this time, as soon as they receive mine they have another one ready to send out. HOPEFULLY this one is right.

Another question here...

Is there a way to integrate the stock turn signals into this tail? or the +4 tail? I'm aware you would need some cutting and fitting but I'm just wondering if it has been done before or if there's somewhere you can purchase a +4 tail with the holes already cut out for the break light and turn signals?

Thanks in advance, and hope it all goes well this time around Jason.

Back