Exhaust Question..??  What to get??

2quik

Donating Member
Registered
Ok i was wondering if those of you with dual bolt on cans ? is it louder than stock ? a waste of time and money ? i like the dual look and i'm not concerened with the weight issue ... so i can do either the bolt ons or a whole system .. i fell in love with the look of the HMF dual system but i'm hearing that they rub the swingarm ...( i ride 2 up almost always so i don't need extra headaches ... ) Plus the roads in NY are really bad all over ..and im looking for carbon look i have the LE i think it will look better ..Thanks

Negative on the rubbing on the swingarm!!!! I ride two up all the time and have never touched! NJ. If it touches, Its not properly installed,have a pro do it or like myself: Self installed.:)

Welcome to the board and post up pics of your ride if you wouldnt mind. NJ.

Welcome to the board. I have the BDE Hindle Gen3 and love the looks of it. It's a single can, though, so not sure if you're interested in that or not. I guess the first question to answer is, single or dual can? Once you decide that, then it's easy.

Welcome to the board
biggrin.gif

If sound is what you are looking for I suggest you go in for the Yoshimura Race bolt-ons. They will sound louder and better than the stock!!! If your looking for some real persormance increase on your bike... I suggest a full exhaust system!!

...and the HMF does not rub the swingarm

Well I have an 03 Busa and at about 700 miles I put a set of Yoshi stainless bolt on rs3 race baffle cans on mine. To answer your question of does it make a difference in sound? OH MY GOD does it ever. You can hear my bike coming from a mile away. If you are at low rpm's it makes a difference a little bit but not a whole lot. When you get around 4500- 6,000 rpms and higher they begin to ROAR! They will drown out a lot of other bikes if you are pack riding. If you want a loud racy sound then the race baffle is a must. If it's just the tone you are looking for try the zyclonic baffle. I have not heard them but I hear they are a whole lot more tame. Also if you want a rumbling type sound D and D produces that. Akropavics sound and perform great but are really $$$$. A bolt on is definately worth it for the sound though but the choice in what you want is ultimately your call to make. The rs3 race baflles rock in my opinion. Good luck with your decision bro hope this helped.

Back