Exhaust for the 08

UR IT!

MIDNIGHT FALCON
Donating Member
Registered
Anyone heard or read anything about aftermarket exhaust for the 08 Busa. Switching to a titanium full exhaust has got to drop 25lbs. at least.

Because the engine is basically the same as well as the mounting points I would think any of the older model exhausts would bolt right up.

However, with the new closed loop fuel injection an oxygen sensor will have to be added to any pipe so things work properly.

In reality no one will know until we can actually get our hands on one.

Muzzy was quick to come out for the ZX14, They had them on the streets 3 - 5 weeks after initial release of the bike. I am sure Yosh, Muzzy, HMF are dieing to be the first to offer a 4 to 1 20 lbs lighter system.

(SpeedAdict @ Jul. 19 2007,04:03) Muzzy was quick to come out for the ZX14, They had them on the streets 3 - 5 weeks after initial release of the bike. I am sure Yosh, Muzzy, HMF are dieing to be the first to offer a 4 to 1 20 lbs lighter system.
Being first is not always a good thing, one of those three produces the least amount of HP on the ZX-14. All of the Yosh pipes will come with a baffle in 2008 and HMF is on the heavy side but makes the best power, based on testing.

I'd wager Yosh ALREADY has a pipe ready to install for the 08...
rock.gif
smile.gif

(GPW @ Jul. 19 2007,11:50)
(SpeedAdict @ Jul. 19 2007,04:03) Muzzy was quick to come out for the ZX14, They had them on the streets 3 - 5 weeks after initial release of the bike. I am sure Yosh, Muzzy, HMF are dieing to be the first to offer a 4 to 1 20 lbs lighter system.
Being first is not always a good thing, one of those three produces the least amount of HP on the ZX-14. All of the Yosh pipes will come with a baffle in 2008 and HMF is on the heavy side but makes the best power, based on testing.
What about a new Tsukigi full system for the 08? Don't you think that would be the optimum in performance?

Tom.

(Revvv @ Jul. 19 2007,00:45) Because the engine is basically the same as well as the mounting points I would think any of the older model exhausts would bolt right up.

However, with the new closed loop fuel injection an oxygen sensor will have to be added to any pipe so things work properly.

In reality no one will know until we can actually get our hands on one.
I just figure it will be somewhat similar to removing the PAIR valve and capping some lines like I did for my Akrapovic system. And of course a pwr commander for mapping.

Am I wrong to think this way? Is it going to be more difficult with the new emissions?

Dan

(Postal @ Jul. 19 2007,06:49)
(GPW @ Jul. 19 2007,11:50)
What about a new Tsukigi full system for the 08?  Don't you think that would be the optimum in performance?

Tom.
Expect a full Tsukigi system, revamped for the 2008 model and I should have the first one on our project 2008.
super.gif
under the HMF's its the next strongest system we have seen. Power everywhere, sound is outstanding and build quality like a Rolex at a Timex price.
beerchug.gif

Just read this in the new American Motorcyclist magazine. Poor Denver riders." Denver passed a law June 4th that allows police to ticket the owner of any bike built after 1982 that doesn't have a federal Enviromental Protection Agency sound-certification stamp on it's exhaust system. Violators would have two weeks to prove they haved fixed the problem or pay $500 fines. In practical terms, that means all motorcycles operated in Denver would be required to have the stock exhaust system as installed by the manufacturer when the bike was new. Meanwhile, car and trucks drivers would still be free to purchase replacement exhaust systems. The AMA has gone on record in opposition to the new ordinance, noting that it is directed only at motorcycles. "

(ike @ Jul. 19 2007,18:23) Just read this in the new American Motorcyclist magazine. Poor Denver riders." Denver passed a law June 4th that allows police to ticket the owner of any bike built after 1982 that doesn't have a federal Enviromental Protection Agency sound-certification stamp on it's exhaust system. Violators would have two weeks to prove they haved fixed the problem or pay $500 fines. In practical terms, that means all motorcycles operated in Denver would be required to have the stock exhaust system as installed by the manufacturer when the bike was new. Meanwhile, car and trucks drivers would still be free to purchase replacement exhaust systems. The AMA has gone on record in opposition to the new ordinance, noting that it is directed only at motorcycles. "
Well that's friggin stupid.....That's just another reason I pay my AMA membership dues every year.
pissed.gif

(Revvv @ Jul. 31 2007,08:00)
(UR IT! @ Jul. 30 2007,23:03)
(GMY @ Jul. 30 2007,15:39) Here's a nibble, slip on.

http://www.twobros.com/cgi-bin....08.html
Sweeeeet!!!!!!
muscle.gif
If it's just a slip on I have to wonder why they removed the belly wing.
They were probably sizing up a full exhaust. I'm waiting for a full ti race exhaust for it from Yoshi or Akra.

I just thought it looked sweet without those huge ugly black cans sticking out the back. Also, great picture of the blue/black paint scheme from another light.

I likey!
super.gif

Dan

That mudflap has got to go....this new 08 is only a couple of mods from looking pretty tight.

Maybe they took the belly wing off to add a center stand for pics.

2008_suz_hayabusa_lrear.jpg

Hopefully the entire flap comes off without cutting this time......

2008_suz_hayabusa_rear.jpg

Back