Ever wish for the old days?

Projekt

Registered
Do you ever wish we could go back to the good old days?

Ever want to go back to when you could settle a grievance with a walk out to the loading dock?

When that one guy that was in charge would try to abuse the situation and you could just say "Let's step outside and see if we can work this out."

Usually, just uttering the statement would get you respect and reprieve from the doses of drama at work. I long for that day considering the grown up child that happens to have made it to the section "lead" position over me due to attrition and his own stagnating lack of motivation.

This fuggin guy is so transparent that it is ridiculous. He has no leadership and lost my respect about two weeks into working together. The manipulative nature of this brown-noser results in positive rapport with higher-ups.

I fantasize about catching him coming into work one day. Me at the door as he opens it,
boxing.gif
one precise blow to his nose ought to straighten him out, maybe one more to his jaw for giggles. Spitting a couple of teeth out might be enough for an attitude adjustment...

I sure can dream. Can't I?

what, you mean displace all those lawyers? Why.... if we had to think for ourselves or take matters into our own hands - MAN TO MAN - they would all be jobless. not to mention the dent in the economy from the absence of their $350 an hour paychecks... the USA might collapse

You are absolutely right man. We have become a sisified nation for sure. I worked for a guy awhile back, that still had that style of leadership. If you worked on our crew, things were setteled man to man. Out back for a few, then get the hell back to work. It was GREAT!!! They should bring back public hangings at noon the 1st Sat of every month too. It has gotten so bad that all you have to do to be the biggest A-hole around is just say what you are thinking, and don't candy coat everything that you say.Heaven forbid you tell the idiot at work ,that just can't seem to ever get anything right, it's because he's just a freakin idiot. Nope- you gotta candy coat it with BS so as not to hurt his delicate little feelings. WAH,wah,wah...

Hah!! Spoken by big guys. Or at least guys who know how to fight.

The he!! with that crap.

I may be 6', but I'm only 165lbs. I'd lose every argument if it came to fighting.

So no, I don't perfer the old days of knocking each out and whoever is left standing wins. Cause I'd lose every time.
argue.gif

I want to win
firedevil.gif

Sad but true, we are spiraling into a frenzy in this country, unfortunately guided by a bunch of mama's boys, hell I know too many guys that will ACTUALLY say " uh my wife wouldn't let me get a motorcycle" LET you!? LET you!? I wouldn't even hit you with my fist I oughtta Smack the S^%T out of you...yeah Projekt I feel your pain bro, the good old days were good, that's what made you tough, hell even if you didn't win one you still acquired some respect, you learned boundries and you learned to take yer licks, I don't consider myself a violent person, but everything has it's  place, if you insult someone man the f_ up and settle it like a man don't be a weasel, cause ya know what everyone is gona know you're a weasel and how can you live with that...
brave.gif

Hah!!  Spoken by big guys.  Or at least guys who know how to fight.

The he!! with that crap.

I may be 6', but I'm only 165lbs.  I'd lose every argument if it came to fighting.

So no, I don't perfer the old days of knocking each out and whoever is left standing wins.  Cause I'd lose every time.  
argue.gif

I want to win  
firedevil.gif
Well, this guy is about my height and lardy but big enough to be a match.

Things could still be settled if the jerk in question was a big bully to a few folks. If so, they could all take him out back and sort him out. The deal is that a big guy that is also a jerk is usually a knee quaking sissy when anybody, regardless of size, steps up and reciprocates the bullshid.

These days, even telling a workplace clown that you'd like to take a walk out back is considered communicating a threat. You can't even stand up to him with his own bullishness in an outward fashion and you are relegated to a formal complaint to the higher ups which will usually go nowhere and probably just make you the focus of their "investigation"..

Somebody "Hold me Back!"
computer.gif
shutup.gif
laugh.gif

The he!! with that crap.

I may be 6', but I'm only 165lbs.  I'd lose every argument if it came to fighting.

So no, I don't perfer the old days of knocking each out and whoever is left standing wins.  Cause I'd lose every time.  
argue.gif

I want to win  
firedevil.gif
But you would learn to keep your mouth shut.

I wish we could go back to this manner of dealing with problems... especially CRIMES. I think public Hangings would be just fine. Might actually DETER some criminals. Heck now criminals get free room and board and 3 square meals... where is the punishment in that?

Heck now criminals get free room and board and 3 square meals... where is the punishment in that?
There is an entire industry that is dependant on criminals and convictions. It includes correctional departments, jails, prisons, halfway houses and ALL OF THE STAFF earning a living from it. It means jobs for people and profits for companies. Everything down to the food supplier and the soap factory gets bought by tax revenues supporting this system....
hijack.gif
oops just read all of that...

I'd just give little reminders like spill his coffee on his lap and make it look like a accident ect nothing that would get either of you in trouble  
firedevil.gif

Mrs 05

Kill em with kindness.... You get more hornets with honey than vinegar.

That is one of the first lessons I learned from a true Southern Debutante when I moved to the south. And it works... for women. Smile and call them sweetheart really burns their azz. And in the South, you have to be polite back but you can almost see steam coming out of their ears. (Don't try this with a redneck crackhead though... they'll come after you
wowold.gif
)

I kind of wish guys were a little more rough and MANLY these days. I hate sissy men. I wish they did settle it mano y mano (I don't know spanish... but that looks right). Give me a rough handed mechanic (ILY DH) over a pretty boy lawyer/ doctor ANYDAY! Give me grease under the nails, scars from whatever, and a COMMANDING ATTITUDE. TOUGHEN UP GUYS!! (Busa girls LOVE IT!)

i wish we could go back to that too now i get upset at someone from an old job and have a old school talking and lawyers are involved what kinda crap is that

Kill em with kindness.... You get more hornets with honey than vinegar.

That is one of the first lessons I learned from a true Southern Debutante when I moved to the south. And it works... for women. Smile and call them sweetheart really burns their azz. And in the South, you have to be polite back but you can almost see steam coming out of their ears. (Don't try this with a redneck crackhead though... they'll come after you
wowold.gif
)

I kind of wish guys were a little more rough and MANLY these days. I hate sissy men. I wish they did settle it mano y mano (I don't know spanish... but that looks right). Give me a rough handed mechanic (ILY DH) over a pretty boy lawyer/ doctor ANYDAY! Give me grease under the nails, scars from whatever, and a COMMANDING ATTITUDE. TOUGHEN UP GUYS!! (Busa girls LOVE IT!)
I know what ya mean baby. (ILY 2)
heart.gif

The he!! with that crap.

argue.gif

I want to win  
firedevil.gif
in a fight it's not the size of the dog that matters.it's the fight in the dog

My father-in-law said it best: "these are the good old days". I say live them and enjoy life for the now; the past is gone!
beerchug.gif

Back