Hayabusa Owners Group

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Enjoy

Dino

VERITAS - AEQUITAS
Donating Member
Registered
Civic Literacy Report - Civics Quiz

Are you more knowledgeable than the average citizen? The average score for all 2,508 Americans taking the following test was 49%; college educators scored 55%. Can you do better? Questions were drawn from past ISI surveys, as well as other nationally recognized exams.

I got 3 wrong. 90%

DOH! 74% I am a stupid american :banghead:

I found this question/answer interesting. Personally, I dont believe in absolute relativism, but what do I know :whistle::laugh:

13) Socrates, Plato, Aristotle, and Aquinas would concur that:
A. all moral and political truth is relative to one’s time and place

#30 is highly biased. I missed 5 of them....mostly historical. You answered 27 out of 33 correctly — 81.82 % (Note: I am giving myself credit for #30, as there is only economic theory, not fact.)

#15 is awesome. Most people will not get that right I assume.

DOH! 74% I am a stupid american :banghead:

I found this question/answer interesting. Personally, I dont believe in absolute relativism, but what do I know :whistle::laugh:

13) Socrates, Plato, Aristotle, and Aquinas would concur that:
A. all moral and political truth is relative to one’s time and place

The answer to 13 was: E. certain permanent moral and political truths are accessible to human reason :beerchug:

Well, I guess I should lose my Naturalization Status! :poke:

Civics Quiz

You answered 24 out of 33 correctly — 72.73 %

Average score for this quiz during February: 74.5%

#30 is highly biased. I missed 5 of them....mostly historical. You answered 27 out of 33 correctly — 81.82 % (Note: I am giving myself credit for #30, as there is only economic theory, not fact.)

#15 is awesome. Most people will not get that right I assume.

I missed #8, #31, #33.

I agree with you on the last few questions. They hit me as being pretty subjective also.

Last edited:
The answer to 13 was: E. certain permanent moral and political truths are accessible to human reason :beerchug:

See, I told you I was a dumb american, even when the correct answer was given to me :laugh: :rofl:

By the way, what is human reason:dunno:

Last edited:
There were no questions pertaining to the Suzuki Hayabusa, the amount of snowfall in the Tri-State area in the last 60 days, and the mental affect it has on motorcyle riders. So I didn't fair so well :laugh:

There were no questions pertaining to the Suzuki Hayabusa, the amount of snowfall in the Tri-State area in the last 60 days, and the mental affect it has on motorcyle riders. So I didn't fair so well :laugh:

So says the King of Siam...:laugh:

Well, I guess I should lose my Naturalization Status! :poke:

Civics Quiz

You answered 24 out of 33 correctly — 72.73 %

Average score for this quiz during February: 74.5%

i scored the same. decent quiz but there are better out there. for example 22 asks who has the power to declare war. it should ask who has the power to declare war per the constitution. clearly our previous president proved congress support isn't necessary to go 2 war but maybe war wasn't 'declared'. also plato encouraged philisopher kings and strongly refuted democracy. a couple of the questions just weren't good questions pertaining to our gov't

#22 was technically correct though. I think it was more of a trick question...much like the wall of separation question. Many of those required that you know the details, not popular sentiment.

Top Bottom