Engine stalls out

javie

Registered
Hey guys-
I'm painting my bike so I figure I might as well see what you guys think the problem is while she's naked. Most of the time when I race my bike if I pull in the clutch to ride it out the engine will stall on me, no FI lights up so I have to turn the key off then back on again. I have an 03 with 2 bros racing exhaust, kn filter, and power commander. Do you think its getting too much air? Not enough fuel? Clogged injectors? =(

The idle is fine, i have no problems with it running around town, the only time it acts up is when I race it =/

might not have a good map for the PC... or maybe your plugs are old/bad?? just throwing ideas out... if you have cloud9 stumped then who knows ... if your idle is fine then it could also be getting to hot?
all_coholic.gif
lurk.gif

(Sloto200 @ Sep. 11 2007,15:37) might not have a good map for the PC... or maybe your plugs are old/bad??   just throwing ideas out... if you have cloud9 stumped then who knows ... if your idle is fine then it could also be getting to hot?  
all_coholic.gif

lurk.gif
Yeah I was thinking it was more map related.. I think i'll just do a complete tune up and send my injectors off to get cleaned, might as well!
smile.gif
If it still does it i'll have my map checked out

I was thinking idle speed, it's easy to adjust and elimate as a cause.  That's where I would start before trying to elimate the other suggested causes.  It's easy adjust a little higher and doesn't cost anything, but it's your choice...

there is a set screw on the right side of the throttle bodies that you use to adjust it. It is notorious for them to back off from time to time. Your idle is supposed to be set around 1150 to 1250 rpms. I set mine a while back and dropped some loctite on it and i didnt have to mess with it again for over a year.

No clue i'm outta town and my bike is in pieces primed&sealed
smile.gif
when i get her painted i'll check it out

Maybe idle speed is the problem with mine. Any time I rev it at idle, if I get it up to even 3000rpm and just let it idle back down it stalls. Same thing if accelerate hard and pull the clutch in to skip a few gears it'll stall on me if I'm not fast enough to let the clutch back out before it idles too far down. Y'all think that's what it is? It idles at about 1000rpm. Maybe even a tiny bit below. . . I've noticed y'all sayin 1250 is about normal.
rock.gif

Just thought I'd let everyone know (although you probably already did) that increasing the idle speed fixed it. I can now rev it as high as I want and it won't die on the way back down!

We have the exact same setup, 2 bro racing, kn airfilter, pc3 USB..and the exact same problem..stalls out at low idle, slowing to stop at lights or stop signs.. SnakeEyes adjusted my idle about 8 months ago, I read where one guys says the busa is notorious for having to readjust..I guess its that time again

Back