Engine noise ????

Welcome...

Hard to tell from the video....however, If I was a betting man I'd say the noise is coming from the right side of the engine in the clutch area....

This year of bike is known for the clutch bolts backing out as they weren't Loctited from the factory...
Ok . Thank you. I’ll probably open it this coming week and check.
It only does it when i throttle and only once. Also if it is hot or cold only make the sound when i throttle if it idels no noise at all .

Ok . Thank you. I’ll probably open it this coming week and check.
It only does it when i throttle and only once. Also if it is hot or cold only make the sound when i throttle if it idels no noise at all .
Normally when the clutch bolts back out it is heard on idle as well...

But, as this bike is new to you, this is a simple way to rule this out...

Are you familiar with wrenching on bikes?

Yes im good with most of the things except doing the timing or inside engine work.
Then checking the clutch retention bolts will be easy-peasy....

A couple years ago my '09 started making a rattling noise and I took off the clutch cover and there were slight wear marks on it from one of the retention bolts which had backed out and was finger loose....

I got really lucky....

Then checking the clutch retention bolts will be easy-peasy....

A couple years ago my '09 started making a rattling noise and I took off the clutch cover and there were slight wear marks on it from one of the retention bolts which had backed out and was finger loose....

I got really lucky....
This is in update.
I did in oil change and i also removed the clutch to check the bolts for the clutch. There was no issues there so i put everything back with frash oil and new oil filter. Here is a new video that shows when i tjust accelerate normal no noise. It only does it when i throttle quick like ill raice it. Maybe this video is better

I hear the noise, but it's hard to tell from video the source of the sound, but, *assuming* you hear it coming internally from the engine, especially at the top end, my first guess is a valve shim bucket.
It sounds like it's about to spit a shim, but strange that the noise does not follow the rpms.
I would also look closely at Every Fastener on the bike, as something may have come loose, and be a simple tighten it up and done.

Hmm. Makes me think of initial lash being taken up on throttle tip in. No idea.

Any sense of whether the noise is engine speed (bottom end) or 1/2 engine speed (top end)?

Are you talking about that little snap sound when you blip the throttle....?

It sounds like the exhaust has a slight leak that's making a slight noise when the throttle is blipped....

You probably don't hear it when you are on the road....

If the bike accelerates fine and there is no hesitation, I'd just avoid blipping the throttle from idle like you are doing in the video...

Are you talking about that little snap sound when you blip the throttle....?

It sounds like the exhaust has a slight leak that's making a slight noise when the throttle is blipped....

You probably don't hear it when you are on the road....

If the bike accelerates fine and there is no hesitation, I'd just avoid blipping the throttle from idle like you are doing in the video...

Yeah, could definately be an exhaust leak too, as I would have to say it's that, or something external that is loose.
Otherwise, the sound 'should' be apparent at certain rpms, or throughout the rev range.
It should tick constantly if it's a shim bucket...but it has that same nasty sound.
Still, my money is on exhaust leak or loose external parts at this point.

I hear the noise, but it's hard to tell from video the source of the sound, but, *assuming* you hear it coming internally from the engine, especially at the top end, my first guess is a valve shim bucket.
It sounds like it's about to spit a shim, but strange that the noise does not follow the rpms.
I would also look closely at Every Fastener on the bike, as something may have come loose, and be a simple tighten it up and done
Ill remove the thank and fairings and see if i can get a better sound. To me it sounds more like it is trying to fire the engine
Yeah, could definately be an exhaust leak too, as I would have to say it's that, or something external that is loose.
Otherwise, the sound 'should' be apparent at certain rpms, or throughout the rev range.
It should tick constantly if it's a shim bucket...but it has that same nasty sound.
Hearing this makes me feel better since i just bout it. Ill remove the exhaust and see if i can find anything. I should be able to work on it this weekend. Also when i did the oil cjange i didn’t find any metal shavings inside

It doesn't sound like a top end (valve) noise to me....

These engines are noisy to begin with but that sounds like an exhaust leak to me a small one that gets worse when there is more back pressure given to it by blipping the throttle....

Of course it's really hard to diagnose anything over the internet...even with a sound video...

Back