Engine bogs down!

simpleman

Registered
I have a 06 LE Busa. It's pretty much stock. I haven't done much to it in a long time. Anyways I let the bike setup for about 3 weeks. It was running fine when I shut it off. I went to work on it and around 4-5000 RPM the engine completely bogs down for about a sec or so and then snaps right back. It only does it in this RPM range. I've tried it all over the Tach and it performs fine. It seems to do it when I hold my speed steady for a little bit in that range. I changed the plugs and added Star-Tron gas treatment. It still is doing it. My bike shop recommended the gas treatment. The bike has a little over 21,000 miles on it.

Help!

i had same problem with one of my busa fuel filter was bad..sat for 3 weks some how fuel filter went bad fuel filter is inside fuelpump have to take fuel pump out only things is fuel filter cost 300 dollars so u might want to look on ebay for a fuel pupm...cheaper..:laugh:

My first thought is to try a TB Sync - then the fuel filter is definately a possibility... but do the easy thing first.

Just wanted to give an update on my bike. Long story short, I had added a TRE after I bought the bike and that's what went bad on my bike making it bog down between 4 and 5000 RPM. Took the TRE off and bike is running great! Just wanted to pass on to anyone who might run across this problem. Thx again for the input!

Timing Retard Eliminator
Tricks bike into running 5th gear map in all gears, in turn eliminating 1st thru 4th gears lower timing restrictions, and 6th gear's top speed limiter.
Sounds good, but TRE's are notorious for going bad and causing all kinds of gremlins. And 5th gear map in every gear
is not ideal.
Have the ecu flashed instead. If you have a 99-01 Busa, it's ecu and a few other parts need to be upgraded to 02-07 first.

Just wanted to give an update on my bike. Long story short, I had added a TRE after I bought the bike and that's what went bad on my bike making it bog down between 4 and 5000 RPM. Took the TRE off and bike is running great! Just wanted to pass on to anyone who might run across this problem. Thx again for the input!

Great job simpleman.
Yet more proof that TRE can cause more problems than benefits.

Hey Scooby everybody may not be mechanically inclined but I'm pretty sure if they were able to find a Hayabusa forum on the Internet they can find :google: and type Hayabusa TRE and read the 87,000 threads that have already discussed this topic to death.....

In fact this topic has been talked about sooo much that when somebody brings it up there's an actual emoji used to joke about it :tre:
I didn't create that the forum did because it became a running joke when somebody asked.

So before you start popping off @ the mouth and calling names trying to be a Key Board Commando :type: you may wanna climb down off of your soap box :soapbox:

Jus sayin....:beerchug:

Back