El Diablo gets -1 front sprocket...

BulletTrain

Call me Daddy...
Donating Member
Registered
Got a 16t (-1) AFAM countershaft sprocket and put it on today. Can't wait to ride it again and test this mod! Damn the rain!
mad.gif

Anyway, I shot a few pics and thought I'd post 'em up for those who might like to see 'em. For those who don't want to see 'em... get over it.
wink.gif

Will post a ride report as soon as I get it torqued back down and get a dry enough day...

Here are the pics...

36680599.jpg

36680542.jpg

36680543.jpg

36680544.jpg

36680545.jpg

36680546.jpg

36680547.jpg

36680548.jpg

losing 1 tooth in the front does what again?... high end or low end I forget which is which...

Train.....you crazy man?
rock.gif
??
That things gonna shoot skyward like the space shuttle in third I bet ya now.
Fill me in on how ya like that baby will ya??
Likes, and dislikes....pm if ya want!!!

losing 1 tooth in the front does what again?... high end or low end I forget which is which...
More low end torque with a slight loss of top end max speed. I think I read on the 10 board or maybe the kawi forum that someone topped out on GPS in the low 170's actual verified speed. That's fuggin' haulin'. I'll prolly never top 'er out anyway and the low end torque should be loads of fun.
super.gif

Train.....you crazy man?
rock.gif
??
That things gonna shoot skyward like the space shuttle in third I bet ya now.
Fill me in on how ya like that baby will ya??
Likes, and dislikes....pm if ya want!!!
Why yes... yes I am crazy...
devil.gif

I absolutely love the 10 bro... It makes it really easy not havin' a busa for now. Any less bike than the 10 and I'd prolly be hatin' life though.
wink.gif
The plan was to go 16t front and -1 in the rear as well. The -1 rear will bring the ratio back up a little and also add just a bit more wheelbase for a touch more stability in the sweepers. Only problem is that nobody has a 38t rear in stock for the 10 right now. Gonna have to wait until they restock 'em. The 16t should be fun for a while though.
wink.gif

As for dislikes, there isn't a single thing not to like. It truly is one sweet ass ride for my ridin' style and wants/needs. Well, I don't care for the stock Dunlop D218's but that will be taken care of by spring. When it rolls back out after winter it'll be wearin' a fresh set of either Diablo Corsas or Pilot Powers.
wink.gif

wink.gif

wink.gif

Hey, clean that chain lube crud out of there before ya put it together!!!!!!!! I never thought I would see a dirty spot on one of your bikes...LOL

That bike is going to be a handful geared like that.

Hey, clean that chain lube crud out of there before ya put it together!!!!!!!! I never thought I would see a dirty spot on one of your bikes...LOL

That bike is going to be a handful geared like that.
Yeah I'm gonna clean the chain, get that crud out of there, and lube the chain good before I put the cs cover back on. That crud bothered the shid outta me, man. I'd prolly have taken the cover off and got it out already if I'd known it was in there.
biggrin.gif

And yeah, El Diablo is turnin' into a real beastie.
devil.gif

Great performance mod BT ... sounds like you're prepping El Diablo for a meet against Lilah ??

Quick question. Is going +3 on the rear sprocket the same as -1 to the front sprocket.
I've never calculated it but I think I've read that -1 in the front = somethin' like +2.5 teeth up in the rear and +3 up in the rear = a bit lower gearing ratio than -1 in front. I'm sure someone who is better at math, or who has the link to the gearing calculator will correct me if I'm wrong.
wink.gif

One thing I do know for sure is that you can't go up a half a tooth in the rear...
laugh.gif

<!--EDIT|BulletTrain
Reason for Edit: None given...|1101207362 -->

Back