ECU location

Woolich support these ecu numbers :

32990-10L0
32990-10L1
32990-10L2
32990-10L3

This was their message to me today and it is also written on the product page ( I missed that).

So the ecu is in the tail under the cowl? Or I have to remove more parts?

Woolich Waving Hello

I'm not sure what it is you're referring to? Do you have a support ticket number I can look up?

We have added support for all Busa ECU part numbers thus far that have been sent to us. The Part number you see on your ECU label, is a generic part number. If you search the part number you'll see they come up as "Blank" in the description as the dealers have to program these ECUs with their needed image file as well as code the VIN to the ECU when the bike is received and prepped for sale. The part number of the ECU, is actually stored in the code of the ECU and not visible externally in any way shape or form.

The only way to tell whether your ECU is supported or not, is to attempt to read the ECU part number and serial number with the software. At which point it will tell you (a) the part number in your ECU and offer to open it up for you if it exists or (b) tell you the part number doesn't exist at which point you would have to send your ECU to us to open it up, read it out and add it to the software.

Thanks.

I discussed by email with somebody at eu@woolichracing.com.

There is no signature, so I don’t know with who I discussed.

Here, it is written that only certain ECU numbers are supported:

This is the same information I got by email from eu@woolichracing.com.

After I sent to this person - eu@woolichracing.com the picture of the sticker ECU, he first said that my ECU can be flashed with Woolich tools and when I asked how is that possible as my ECU number is not among the supported ones, he said that he is wrong and that my ECU cannot be flashed for the moment.

So you say to send my ECU to a tuner that have the Woolich equipment and give it s try?

98A37FC5-DCC1-41E8-BF26-70E104F6786A.jpeg

They are generic part numbers... I think you're getting hung up over that and them not matching 100% identically. The ECU part number is inside the ECU itself and coded and not visible unless you have the ability to dump the contents of the ECU, find the address in memory where this part number and/or serial number is stored when the dealership writes your blank ECU using SDS II before putting the bike on the sales floor. For example, one such reference:
Untitled-1.jpg

I could go through and find other instances, the VIN number that was coded to an ECU I read out... etc. The part number on your ECU is inconsequential as it's generic and not how the ECU part number is stored in the code of the ECU or how we track/reference them in the software.

So when you (or your tuner) attempts to read the part number and serial number, it goes to the ECU, looks in these specific data areas and verifies that the data lines up. If so, your ECU is supported and the software offers to open the correct file for you. If not, it states this and your ECU needs to come to us to be read out and added.

Dollars to doughnuts you can send that to your tuner of choice, they'll be able to read the part number and serial number and be able to tune your ECU.

They are generic part numbers... I think you're getting hung up over that and them not matching 100% identically. The ECU part number is inside the ECU itself and coded and not visible unless you have the ability to dump the contents of the ECU, find the address in memory where this part number and/or serial number is stored when the dealership writes your blank ECU using SDS II before putting the bike on the sales floor. For example, one such reference:
View attachment 1654734

I could go through and find other instances, the VIN number that was coded to an ECU I read out... etc. The part number on your ECU is inconsequential as it's generic and not how the ECU part number is stored in the code of the ECU or how we track/reference them in the software.

So when you (or your tuner) attempts to read the part number and serial number, it goes to the ECU, looks in these specific data areas and verifies that the data lines up. If so, your ECU is supported and the software offers to open the correct file for you. If not, it states this and your ECU needs to come to us to be read out and added.

Dollars to doughnuts you can send that to your tuner of choice, they'll be able to read the part number and serial number and be able to tune your ECU.
Ok, many thanks for the explanation.

Back