ECU Flashing for Bking guys...

I would hold off until we get to the bottom of this variance if any. First we need to see if its a difference versus a method or corruption problem. Thats my suggestions anyway as that is your live ECU.

Did you try saving the file again? Could you outline exactly what steps you went thru? When you go into the program and open your map does it open OK and did you try to compare that to the EU map?

Be curious to get the part number on the sticker of the ECU. You do have the big evap can on the left right?

Last edited:
I would hold off until we get to the bottom of this variance if any. First we need to see if its a difference versus a method or corruption problem. Thats my suggestions anyway as that is your live ECU.

Did you try saving the file again? Could you outline exactly what steps you went thru? When you go into the program and open your map does it open OK and did you try to compare that to the EU map?

Be curious to get the part number on the sticker of the ECU. You do have the big evap can on the left right?

yes i have the evap can
no i did not try saving the file again. i was working off a slow laptop and it took forever. all i did was open the stock file from the program and then clicked verify ecu.

Well I verified the ecu again (got the same false displayed about ½ ways through) then I saved it as new.bin

Then loaded the new.bin file and verified again and got the same false display. I also noticed that I cannot open the edit fuel maps with that bin file. It gives me an unexpected handling error. Might it have something to do with my slow laptop it is only a 233 MHz

Hmmm. Whan you say false, what do you mean? Whats the exact message. Or are you referring to the addresses that scroll accross the top with either the word true or false next to them.

Mine also had falses accross the top in the later parts of the file, normal I beleive

I could not open my maps at first as it was not a recognized ECU until Petrik added it. But we should have the same one since the fiche only shows 1 for CA. So unless you have a connection problem we may want to verify the ECU identity you have if there is another one floating around. If you had your ECU part number or code that would be a good start.

Last edited:
Hmmm. Whan you say false, what do you mean? Whats the exact message. Or are you referring to the addresses that scroll accross the top with either the word true or false next to them.

Mine also had falses accross the top in the later parts of the file, normal I beleive

I could not open my maps at first as it was not a recognized ECU until Petrik added it. But we should have the same one since the fiche only shows 1 for CA. So unless you have a connection problem we may want to verify the ECU identity you have if there is another one floating around. If you had your ECU part number or code that would be a good start.

Or are you referring to the addresses that scroll accross the top with either the word true or false next to them
yes that is what i am referring to.
it just makes me feel a little uneasy not being able to use my bin file.
this is not my first time flashing a ecu, i use a program called caledit to flash my mustang and once you select the proper strategy you can read your ecu and the adjust and write back.

This is a terrible way to communicate. to much waiting around.
Does anybody have instant messenger

Last edited:
Very sorry im in hospital with my newborn son petrik is in finland 7 hrs ahead of us, he posted a suggestion on hack forum where he regularly checks
Posted via Mobile Device

I am sure you have seen it, but petrik posted this on hack forum:

"yep - stockbking.bin I got from greg is exactly same as bking usa. (There is two byte difference for checksum as ecueditor calculates that only when writing the file for flashing.)"

So the file you sent matches USA, the checksum doesn't have anything to do with actual map in the ecu, he mentioned before possibly removing this to avoid any confusion.

I hope you aren't getting frustrated with the process, just a very small minor detail thats no biggie, you are good to flash. If you need anything from me let me know, I want happy flashing folks :) Im at the hospital until late tonight but have email on.

What are the plans for flashing, doing fuel tuning, or just going for de-restriction.

All is well:beerchug::cheerleader: i got it to work i must have been using an older version and maybe it was the slow laptop. when i downloaded the software on my mothers laptop low and behold there was bking US bin, on my laptop it said eu/au .

I am sure you have seen it, but petrik posted this on hack forum:

"yep - stockbking.bin I got from greg is exactly same as bking usa. (There is two byte difference for checksum as ecueditor calculates that only when writing the file for flashing.)"

So the file you sent matches USA, the checksum doesn't have anything to do with actual map in the ecu, he mentioned before possibly removing this to avoid any confusion.

I hope you aren't getting frustrated with the process, just a very small minor detail thats no biggie, you are good to flash. If you need anything from me let me know, I want happy flashing folks :) Im at the hospital until late tonight but have email on.

What are the plans for flashing, doing fuel tuning, or just going for de-restriction.
de-restriction for right now because the only mods i have is two bros. exhaust

I have one suggestion you need to make the connector that plugs in to the black box at least 4 inches longer then the White SDS. That way you can tuck away the SDS connector and still have access to the black box hook up.
:cheerleader:I don’t know if it’s my imagination but the bike seems to have quicker throttle response and pulls harder through all gears, especially 5th and 6th :cheerleader:

Last edited:
did i make yours special for bking? Sorry can't remember, the way it is now was per recommendation of a bking owner, where i have the SDS and my molex 8 pin right next to each other, but i can make it however is needed :) I just dont have one here to come up with my own opinion on where would be convenient, mind snapping a pic of how you have it now and how i could improve?

How they last ended up could be my doing. My thought was to have the molex tied up where the SDS connector is under the sidecover so that you could have the interface connected while running on the dyno without having to mess with the seat since the dyno operated sits on the bike while they work it. I was thinking of leaving it there and just poping the sidecover when needed rather then put the molex under the seat. But no doubt there are tons of ways it could be done and preferences for where folks want things.

I have to hand it to Greg for always being so accomodating for all of us :thumbsup:

DSC00537.jpg

Last edited:
slantman, if you prefer something different, ill make you whatever you need sir if you will photo the new harness for me, just want to provide what the majority of bking guys would want, have only made like 3 or 4 setups for bking guys so far i think,

see your looks different you have some slack. if i push my SDS connector in out of the way i can't get to the molex in the picture you can see it is pulled all the way out
DSCF0513.jpg

in the second picture that is where the SDS connector needs to be and the molex just barely clears the upper bar . it kinda hard to tell from the picture but about another 4 or 5 inches could not hurt.
DSCF0516.jpg

also do they sell a cap that would fit over the molex?
oh yea by the way thats not my hand, its my daughters.

Last edited:
if u just need the molex extended out and it wont reach anymore out of wire sleeving, i can make you up a small adapter, that plugs into that molex, has 4 inches of wire, then has another molex, if that makes sense

if u just need the molex extended out and it wont reach anymore out of wire sleeving, i can make you up a small adapter, that plugs into that molex, has 4 inches of wire, then has another molex, if that makes sense
do you have idea what size connector it is .110, .09?
do you have link to where you got the connectors at.

Back