ECU Boost Control on Gen II Busa

thanks PetriK and thanks smithabusa. will the boost control work well for dragracing a 60'' busa? Will it prevent overboost? I did not see it on my last ecu editor update.would the ecu based controller work better than the ams500?

I have spoke to lee regarding this and he is wanting to go ams500 on your bike, at the moment there is no ramping in each gear, its a given boost level. maybe in the future might have ramp feature for each gear. It does have an overboost protection

I have spoke to lee regarding this and he is wanting to go ams500 on your bike, at the moment there is no ramping in each gear, its a given boost level. maybe in the future might have ramp feature for each gear. It does have an overboost protection

Greg, how does this setup bleed off if the map sensor sees overtargeting?:whistle:

there are 2 features:
each gear has a max boost level, anything above that and it shuts the solenoid off until boost falls back below that boost level.

and there is a overboost number you can input that if exceeded will fire the ignition / fuel kill if the shifter function is enabled.

yep as long as you are flashing the ecu as a busa bin, you can use EE with a 3bar map sensor for boostfuel and boost control etc

Yes, I use it on my b-king.
I would like to set the boost control for each gear.
I saw you selling these boost controllers, I could buy you one such device?

Have you done anything with a 5 bar sensor not sure if we will need it but might if we dont use an ams2000 boost controller

I worked originally to help implement the other pressure sensors. I have ironically not used a 5 bar sensor on my bike. That said, I have use an AEM 3.5 bar sensor with success up to high 30's psi (the sensor range is up to about 36psi), and I see no reason why the 5 bar (or any other sensor) would not work.
All that said, please understand that running very high boost isn't really for everyone, especially not through a stock ecu.

Back