Ecm trouble

highmark

Registered
My 02 busa was running fine then had a volt rectifier prblem, replaced it and it still wont run have checked everything it seems not to run past 5000rpms just falls on its face. Thinking maybe the ecm got damaged when the rectifier went south. thanks for any input desperate to get running good.

Bump. I think your diagnosis is sound. It could be that your ECM was zapped somehow, although I'm not sure why it would only be over 5k.

Perhaps some sensor that feeds info to the ECU?

Good luck.

did you replace the recitifer? Move any plugs? make sure that all plugs are properly connected...

ECU may have taken a hit...but generally they're hardy little pieces of plastic.

My 02 busa was running fine then had a volt rectifier prblem, replaced it and it still wont run have checked everything it seems not to run past 5000rpms just falls on its face. Thinking maybe the ecm got damaged when the rectifier went south. thanks for any input desperate to get running good.
If when your rectifier, died it could have caused a spike in the stator, which in turn may have shorted your crank trigger!

It sure feels like ignition to me I had the volt rectifier go out and cant get it it to run right since, new volt rectifier, new ecm, new plugs, checked all sensors they are ok, fuel pressure ok, new battery, checked wiring found nothing bad. This has been plaguing me for 3 months now, $500 dollar reward to any info leading to the fix or repair of this motorcycle lol getting desperate. Also checked the cam timing to make sure nothing slipped. all OK. any ideas??

Call me and let me see if i can help you computer talk throws me sometimes..Daniel 503-381-8187,it's mother's day so it's ok to call,LOL...

It sure feels like ignition to me I had the volt rectifier go out and cant get it it to run right since, new volt rectifier, new ecm, new plugs, checked all sensors they are ok, fuel pressure ok, new battery, checked wiring found nothing bad. This has been plaguing me for 3 months now, $500 dollar reward to any info leading to the fix or repair of this motorcycle lol getting desperate. Also checked the cam timing to make sure nothing slipped. all OK. any ideas??
I've got a question,,,, what are you running for fuel? And how did you test the fuel pressure?

Super unleaded. I have a fuel pressure guage on the end of the fuel rail, it is actually turboed with a two stage fuel system, but I have all of that out of the picture and am trying to get it to run on only the stock ecu, and stock motor I have the turbo blow off out so it makes no boost, have the secondary fuel system unhooked, basically my problem is with something stock because I have taken everything else out of the picture.

Back