Hayabusa Owners Group

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ebay fairing protector bobbins

yamahor

DEAD MAN WALKING
Donating Member
Registered
Anyone have experience with these? I don't want to cut my fairing for protectors...

<a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Hayabusa-GSXR1300R-GOLD-FAIRING-PROTECTOR-BOBBINS_W0QQitemZ110079724385QQihZ001QQcategoryZ
10066QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem" target="_blank">Linky to bobbins</a>

I dont think those little bolts will do much protecting Ben.

That was my thinking... I was hoping someone might have some first hand experience though...

I thought about it once, and I ran in to one of them in DC bike nite or some...but, when its on there? looks okay...but, far as protecting? I wouldn't give too much credits for...
all_coholic.gif

i recall someone saying they had them and they didnt do shid when their bike fell over. Dunno, maybe its a twisted memory recall
rock.gif

Save the money, there's some better options out there

Save your money and get the "no-cut" ones. I got from Street 'n Track. Pretty pricey, but, I just couldn't bring myself to cut my plastic.

I've heard those will just snap off. Cutting the plastics is easy Ben especially if Paul helps you.
beerchug.gif

Break out the training wheels
firedevil.gif

(monster @ Jan. 22 2007,07:42) I've heard those will just snap off.  Cutting the plastics is easy Ben especially if Paul helps you.  
beerchug.gif
With my future plans, cutting and/or dropping are not options...
biggrin.gif

Big things are planned for this in the near future.
lurk.gif

Just do it. There are some great guides on here............

Sliders helped some. This was a carbon fiber slider. note the broken top, where the aluminum finish ring sat! Don't waste your money on cute bobbins.

bike_wreck_021_sm.JPG

You are better off just not doing anything.

After all once you drop it as you are dragging you hand in a corner its going to slide down a hill any way.
firedevil.gif

dont waste your money. I had a pair of magic mushrooms and thay are crap!!! I watched one bounce aff into the sunset when I had my spill. Just save the money and buy real frame slidders.

Josh

Yamahor

I have these on my bike but I only did for looks (gold bobbins) and I wasn't ready to cut my fairing on an 06LE for the first riding season. Now that it's 07 and I gotten over the newest of cutting and modifying anything on it, now it's time I do what I want to it. I just wanted to give my bike at one year or one riding season in stock form. This way I could really study and get great info on aftermark parts I want to add.

Top Bottom