Early morning wiring help for pacman

rubbersidedown

TURBO-BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
Pac is putting his bike together as we speak. I'm sorta awake,but not enuff to succesfully diagnose his prob.
I've been thru the wiring dia and couldn't come up with it.

Even before I looked at the wiring I was leaning towards the tip over switch.

His cluster lights up,and yet no spark or fuel pump start up.

I believe only the tip over circuit killz both fuel and ignition.

Idea's men?

thanks, Rubb.

(don't worry,I'll get that bastid later for waking me up at O600.) hehehehe

Tip over switch or the kill switch on the right side is either on or faulty.

Check the kill switch, kickstand, and the tip over
wink.gif

Im with the other two flunkies on this one. Kill switch, kickstand or tip over.

Thanks, folks. Rubbah....so sorry to bother ya so early, bruver. My bad.

Got an update, though:

We now have spark. Another problem we ran into was no power going into the lines for the fuel pump. Dunno how, but later on, power was going through.

Checked the fuses, looked alright. Took out the pump, knocked it around a little bit, disassembled it, looked alright. Pump still works. Whew. My godbrother had to get his fingers burned to find out, but at least we know that the wire ain't shorting out.

Started tracing lines, everything looked ok. Double checked the fuse (fuel) and guess what: BLOWN.
rock.gif

That's odd. Day before yesterday, the fuse was fine. Musta been that killer spark that did it.

So now, fuel pump turns on. Nice. Reconnected the gas tank, tried to fire her up, no dice. I'm thinkin the battery may be fugged. Charged it last night, will see what happens tonight.

Wish me luck.

Thanks, folks. Rubbah....so sorry to bother ya so early, bruver. My bad.

Got an update, though:

We now have spark. Another problem we ran into was no power going into the lines for the fuel pump. Dunno how, but later on, power was going through.

Checked the fuses, looked alright. Took out the pump, knocked it around a little bit, disassembled it, looked alright. Pump still works. Whew. My godbrother had to get his fingers burned to find out, but at least we know that the wire ain't shorting out.

Started tracing lines, everything looked ok. Double checked the fuse (fuel) and guess what: BLOWN.
rock.gif

That's odd. Day before yesterday, the fuse was fine. Musta been that killer spark that did it.

So now, fuel pump turns on. Nice. Reconnected the gas tank, tried to fire her up, no dice. I'm thinkin the battery may be fugged. Charged it last night, will see what happens tonight.

Wish me luck.
GOOD LUCK
biggrin.gif

Thanks, man. I still got a prob with the FI light coming on, though. I wonder what's causing it.

Mebbe I just need to reset the ECU or something.

Back