Dyno Results

fstAZfk

Donating Member
Registered
Well i finally strapped the bike to the Dyno yesterday and i must say im kinda dissappointed.   Dont have a print out yet cuz their printer shid the bed.  But the A/F was perfect throughout the entire pull.  I did get to watch the computer during the 5 pulls.  Was a DYNOJET Mobile Dyno owned and operated by Cycle Solutions Inc. out of Albany, IN.

2002 w/ BDE GEN III and PAIR removal ( no other mods )

159.31 WHP
96.10 TQ

There are stock bikes out there putting down more than that.  ( Dyno owner had 02 that put 163 in stock trim )  I was hoping to be closer to 165 - 170.

Dude before me with a 2004 ( TiForce Pipe, TRE, 42 rear, small box mod, K&N, with no PC) put down 177!!!  

I have pics of the run, i will post them up tonight.

SOOOOOOO... whatta ya think?  Am i just expecting too much? or do those numbers seem a little low?

<!--EDIT|fstAZfk
Reason for Edit: None given...|1127048053 -->

Ya i hear ya, only thing is......... like a jack a55, in the heat of the moment ( and due to the fact there is no DYNO anywhere near my house ) I paid 85 bones.
blush.gif
I would have rather just given them 50 bucks to just point and laugh, and NOT put the bike on the dyno.
sad.gif

SWEET, could you have put that on a dyno graph as well??
laugh.gif

OH yea, topped out at 184 MPH on Dyno.

HERE ARE MY MODS, IN MY SIGNATURE, AND THE RESULTS OF THEM, SHE WAS DOING 155HP, BEFORE THE MODS, AND 170HP AFTER.

"2002 w/ BDE GEN III and PAIR removal ( no other mods )"

Perhaps it's a mapping issue? I'm no expert but I was under the assumption that as you make any mods you need to change the mapping to take advantage of them. But what the hell do I know. I'm near bone-stock with mine, and don't want a dyno test to depress me!
laugh.gif

We need an expert! Where's the Cheese when ya need him?
smile.gif

you will not gain anything by doing just exhaust. some will but most wont.

get a powercommander! I can send you a map. you will be impressed. the rideability will get better too.... much more manageable in traffic, etc.

"2002 w/ BDE GEN III and PAIR removal ( no other mods )"

Perhaps it's a mapping issue?  I'm no expert but I was under the assumption that as you make any mods you need to change the mapping to take advantage of them.  But what the hell do I know.  I'm near bone-stock with mine, and don't want a dyno test to depress me!  
laugh.gif

We need an expert!  Where's the Cheese when ya need him?  
smile.gif
think he's in hiding...
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

IMHO, you have at least 6 HP and 2 - 3 pounds of torque more potential with Brock's map (or a custom map by a competent tuner). The guys above are right...get a Power Commander, preferably a PCIIIR. While you're at it, have a  technician check your throttle position sensor for correct adjustment. If it's out of adjustment (mine was from the factory) it can measurably hurt your power output. Good luck!  
smile.gif

With the BDE Gen III you have to do the airbox mod or you will probably lose a couple pony's...Plus you need the PCIII with Brocks MAP or someone with an equal map.. I have the same setup and my bike gained significant power... Throttle response should be much better with a MAP.

IMHO, you have at least 6 HP and 2 - 3 pounds of torque more potential with Brock's map (or a custom map by a competent tuner). The guys above are right...get a Power Commander, preferably a PCIIIR. While you're at it, have a  technician check your throttle position sensor for correct adjustment. If it's out of adjustment (mine was from the factory) it can measurably hurt your power output. Good luck!  
smile.gif
WarBaby, you said the PCIIIR, why a 16 bit processor over a 32 Bit? What are the advantages? Thanks for the heads up on the TPS. I'll look into that.

With the BDE Gen III you have to do the airbox mod or you will probably lose a couple pony's...Plus you need the PCIII with Brocks MAP or someone with an equal map.. I have the same setup and my bike gained significant power... Throttle response should be much better with a MAP.
CON, when you say airbox mod, i assume you mean the small mod where you cut out the flapper, correct?  I plan on the PC, Box Mod, Filter, Stacks, Ram Air seals, and a rear sprocket.  Hopefully this will put me around 175.

<!--EDIT|fstAZfk
Reason for Edit: None given...|1127064197 -->

You need the AIRBOX mod and PCIIIR bad.... That is the biggest reason you aren't getting much from the pipe on the dyno. Your bike is trying to push more air out but it isn't getting anymore air IN.

You'll get another 6+ HP with just doing the above stuff to go with the PIPE. Also you can't use a 16-bit with a 02' Busa. That has the updated computer with the 32-bit.
wink.gif

P.S...did the other bike have RACE GAS??? I find it odd that he put down 177rwhp with the mods you listed. Something really isn't right with that IMO. Oh ya and dyno's really don't mean crap other than a pretty paper print out. How does the bike run on the street?
rock.gif
My bike only dynoed 164rwhp and Brock pulled 149.4mph trap speed with it on a messed up clutch.
smile.gif

WarBaby, you said the PCIIIR, why a 16 bit processor over a 32 Bit?  What are the advantages?[/QUOTE]
Brock's 027-Series maps have timing changes that the PC3R can utilize.

My `02 uses a PC3R and makes 174 on VP MR-9 fuel and 168 on Shell 87 with BDE Gen3, PAIR kit, and Brock's air box mod.

WarBaby, you said the PCIIIR, why a 16 bit processor over a 32 Bit?  What are the advantages?
Brock's 027-Series maps have timing changes that the PC3R can utilize.

My `02 uses a PC3R and makes 174 on VP MR-9 fuel and 168 on Shell 87 with BDE Gen3, PAIR kit, and Brock's air box mod. [/QUOTE]
cool, thanks alot. I knew you people were good for something...
tounge.gif

beerchug.gif

P.S...did the other bike have RACE GAS???  I find it odd that he put down 177rwhp with the mods you listed.  Something really isn't right with that IMO.  Oh ya and dyno's really don't mean crap other than a pretty paper print out.  How does the bike run on the street?
rock.gif
 My bike only dynoed 164rwhp and Brock pulled 149.4mph trap speed with it on a messed up clutch.
smile.gif
I doubt it. The first pass they stopped. He only had 15 psi in the rear. Put down 161 HP. They put in air and made a few more passes. They opened his air box to put a K&N filter in. Then he found out he had an airbox mod and he didnt even know it. WELLLL... whoever did his airbox busted a peice when doing the mod, leaving a 1''X2" hole in the box letting in dirty air. He was pissed. The dyno guys did some other junk and this and that... ( i was at the wet t-shirt contest by this time ) When i returned they were done, 177. Not sure how they did it. I do know they did some work to it though. Still kinda confusing.

Back