ducati 1098

Revolution

revolution custom paint
Donating Member
Registered
i'm really diggin' the ducati 1098. anyone here own one?

i know it's a different animal, just wondering how it compares to the hayabusa, again i know it's a different bike in engine, size, and weight. i think what i'm looking for is handling and 0-80mph differences.

(Revolution @ Jul. 18 2007,08:46) gc, is he a big dude like us?
he is pretty good size guy.give him a call his name is Tim,he's owned some of the nicest high end stuff available.971-506-9601 tell him I told you to call.He is a super guy.

Friend of mine has one too. He loves riding it, but hates the maintenance costs associated with it. think "bend over" and you're in the ballpark.

My cousin has one, he loves it, he maintains it himself, but everything costs more... I have rode it a few times, and its a nice bike, but when I was buying my 07 gsxr1K, it was between the 1098, gsxr1000, zx10, and the fireblade...
While the 07 firelade I rode was already tuned with exhaust, new tires, PC3 ect -it was impressive {his dynoed 182hp at 12Krpm} but too crampt for me...
And the zx10 I went to look at which was brand new on the floor, wouldnt start- so they jump packed it at the dealership and then the starter wouldnt stop spinning and the bike started to smoke, they had to run it out side and cut the electrical cable {so when they offered to show me another one, I declined}
firedevil.gif

I ended up choosing the 07 gsxr because its all around the best bike for the money, the ducati is a nice machine but the gsxr is more bike for less money...

The only thing I would trade my gsxr1K for is a rc211v and I dont think thats gonna happen any time soon
lurk.gif

I don't know if your bad situation with the ZX10 was enough to negate it completely. I mean, parts break, things happen. It just coulda been a defective starter or something.

Kawi is gettiing a bad rep lately, I like Kawi's {funnest bike I ever owned is my 900 elliminator} But there not the company they used to be, Even there dirt bikes are going south, a freind of mine just bought a 450 4 stroker and he has had nothing but trouble with it. I also seen a 14 blow up, didnt know the guy but it started making niose at a ride we had, he was revving the balls out of it, but nothing I havent done to and Busas Ive owned.....

The 1098 is currently sold in 3 versions:
1098 (Showa suspension)
1098s (Ohlins suspension, electric shifter, Forged Mag Marchessini wheels etc. etc. etc.)
1098s Tricolore (An "S") with a red, white and green paint scheme.
The "S" model is $5k higher in price but considered the better value. This unit has been sold out for months.
The 2008 lineup is rumored to have a 1098r model that will in fact be an 1198cc version (the WSBK bike) and will be sold at dealers with a traction/launch control feature, among other things. There is supposed to be a prototype on display at Laguna Seca......Someone please take a photo for me. This is my next planned acquisition, soon as my back yard oil well strikes
tounge.gif

we have a 1098 Tricolore on are showroom floor $27,999
wow.gif
msrp is $22,999 a slight mark up. they sound bad ass wide open
firedevil.gif

(greyrocket @ Jul. 18 2007,22:41) we have a 1098 Tricolore  on are showroom floor $27,999
wow.gif
msrp is $22,999 a slight mark up. they sound bad ass wide open  
firedevil.gif
....and the "s" model ??

no this was the first 1098 that was not sold befor we got it. we have had it for a week. but some kid about 20. got about 3.4 million dollars locally and wanted it + are 2 999R so we had it in the back hidden he has never rode. but we had to bring it from it's crate been there for 2 days now
super.gif

One of my buddies whose a WERA racer just bought one recently. I believe he got the mid-line "S" model. he sold his race preped 2005 999s to get it. He loves it but hasn't tracked it or anything yet. I don't even know if he will. I'll try to post a pic of his pasta rocket when I get a chance.

BTW-The trackday org I ride with, Fastrackriders.com, has a vendor called sportbikerentals.com

They've brought some demo 1098's to the last couple of events. You can rent one for $250 for one 20 minute session. Basically the price of one trackday for one 20 minute tease.

(ibified @ Jul. 18 2007,12:19) Friend of mine has one too. He loves riding it, but hates the maintenance costs associated with it.  think "bend over" and you're in the ballpark.
Interesting, considering that Ducati INCREASED the maintenance intervals on all the new bikes, including the 1098.  However, the cost is more--my old Duc's then-600- and 3,000-mile services were each just under $500 at FbF (which included a dyno run), while my Suzuki's 600- and 4,500-mile services were each just under $200.

Before I bought my Duc, I factored in the maintenance cost.

(cosmo @ Jul. 18 2007,19:51) The 2008 lineup is rumored to have a 1098r model that will in fact be an 1198cc version (the WSBK bike) and will be sold at dealers with a traction/launch control feature, among other things.
Did WSBK finally approve the higher-displacement V-Twins?

I haven't seen anything for either WSBK or AMA Superbike, which means Duc's out of both series next year unless they approve the larger displacement.

We have Pipercross Filters in stock for them and they are selling at a rapid rate, somebody has one for sure.

Before I bought my Duc, I factored in the maintenance cost.[/quote]

I NEVER did that, cause I DON'T CARE  
wow.gif
. Ownership of a Duc is PASSION, nothing more, nothing less. If you want it, you buy it, there will NEVER be a rational justification for a bike that cost $17,000 + when one out performs it or equals it for $9,000. So, you guys who want  one, NOTHING is going to satisfy you except the Duc.  PLAIN AND SIMPLE  
coffee.gif

Plus, you get all the Girlie bennes at the Ital Restaurants  
biggrin.gif

i gotta go with turb06LE240 here the gsxr1k is so bad ass i'de love to get one but i only have room for one zuki in the apartment if i had a garage it would be another story

Back